PDA

View Full Version : pet peeve

canuck
05-21-2004, 07:23 AM
Ok, so bearing in mind that it is 8 am here...I hate those people who hog a sugar/cream station in coffee shops and stir their coffee for like an hour!! What is up with that, the coffee is scalding hot, granulated sugar is going to dissolve in a nanosecond, but there they stand hogging the whole area while they stir, and stir, and stir..........and so on.

have a nice day everyone!

CanariaChick
05-21-2004, 11:17 AM
Canucki, one of these days you gotta check my neighborhood's coffee shop, it's like Friends meets Queer Eye! Our regular barista is a reknown Seattle dj, and the owner of the locale was voted Seattle's sexiest barista (unfortunately for you, male, unfortunately for me, gay). Every morning we got pretty much the same group of regulars drinking coffe and discussing the news of the day, which could be pretty dreadfull, but you gotta give it to the queens, they manage to find hillarity in the most desperate situations. They totally make my day. And I don't even have to order, simply sit down and in 5 minutes my coffe is perfectly prepared and steaming right in front of me, no need to deal with cream-station-hogs...

...however, I can see how it may be a bit of a long commute for you. :p

How are you and your cuties doing by the way? Did Jordan approve of your car choice?

Tantrum
05-21-2004, 12:21 PM
Stop spending $7.50 for a latte at the big green mega-store and start using Folger's crystals in the morning at your house.;)

LazyL
05-21-2004, 12:42 PM
Etiquette dictates that one should pour the cream and sugar in the damn cup, and then step politely aside to deal with the swirling.

I just go to the local rad hippy coffee place and order a double macchiato and am done with it. I love the place for many reasons, but especially because they've taken the revolutionary step of naming their coffee sizes in clearly understandable terms: Small. Medium. Large. None of this cryptic venti-grande nonsense.

Re: Folger's crystals...I grew to love the Nescafe version when I was down yonder in Chile. It kinda grows on ya, and it was the common morning beverage. Once saw a confused German spooning it out of the ceramic cup into and sprinkling it on her breakfast cereal...

Chile rules.

Tantrum
05-21-2004, 12:46 PM
Chile rules.
Chiles rule! Especially the hot ones!:D

canuck
05-25-2004, 09:53 AM
You should come up and check out my new local coffeeshop..owned by the Russian Mafia or something. One barista (early 20's daughters of owner) has black hair and piercing blue eyes, the other a blonde...both gorgeous!! :p
That's my weekend haunt though...they only open at like 10 am weekdays.
The coffee's ok -but honestly who cares?!

The kids are doing great, Jordan likes the integrated leather booster seat...my 3 yr old rides in style! How's Lil'M doing? When do you leave for paradise?

canuck
05-25-2004, 09:56 AM
that is a good idea...only I think my barista has a crush on me

CanariaChick
05-25-2004, 10:56 AM
What are they trying to do, put themselves out of business? By 10 am coffe is passe, and beer is in! :D (this is particularly funny, when you know I don't drink alcohol)

Lil'M is turning 7 this week, so you can imagine how she is doing, the first present arrived in the mail yesterday, so for her all week long is gonna be a never-ending party. You know your kid is growing when what she asks for her birthday is the new Avril Lavigne CD... sigh (at least she's Canuckian)

Take me back to Paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty... ok, Axl, only 3 more weeks! I feel an urge to scream like Xena Warrior Princess... bear with me ;)

Tantrum
05-26-2004, 11:14 AM
If not, then you're better off with instant.

canuck
05-27-2004, 10:20 AM
maybe I can snap a covert photo with my cellie and let you decide??!

Tantrum
05-27-2004, 10:38 AM
Just make sure the picture is clear, not like NoFocus' bachelor party pics.:D I felt like I had beer goggles on while looking at the "dancer."

NoKnees
05-27-2004, 12:44 PM
Hey, I resemble that remark... NoFocus.. sheesh... I like to refer to those as "Isn't it just like being there?" photos myself..

canuck
05-27-2004, 02:06 PM
ok, so how do I get my lame photos from my cell to my pc??

mehugtree
05-27-2004, 03:51 PM
Say what you will about Starbucks and their mega-corporation, mom-n-pop killing generic selves...that doesn't bother me. What DOES is the naming a small a tall, a medium and extra tall, etc.
...so I'm with ya on that one toots!!!!

-mht

NoKnees
05-27-2004, 06:48 PM
Can you send an email with them as attachments from your phone? Being that I'm too cheap to have a phone with camera, I don't know first hand. Just guessing.. I'll ask my budy who sent me those for some clues..

Tantrum
05-28-2004, 06:33 AM
You can do so many things. As long as you know how to work the darn things!:(

DrBunda
05-28-2004, 07:13 AM
Can you send an email with them as attachments from your phone? Being that I'm too cheap to have a phone with camera, I don't know first hand. Just guessing.. I'll ask my budy who sent me those for some clues..

You sure can!! All you have to do is enter their email address in your phone and hit the send button. Off it goes!

canuck
05-28-2004, 07:40 AM
really?

I'll try sending it to myself then...

Tks!

DrBunda
05-28-2004, 07:58 AM
let me know if it works. if you have Sprint, you can also select the "upload" option on your cell phone, then just log into your Spring account online and go to Picture Mail. You can view all your 'uploaded' pics there -- you can then just "save as" or send to your email account from there.

canuck
05-28-2004, 07:59 AM
No sprint here....I'm Canadian

:cool:

DrBunda
05-28-2004, 08:01 AM
DOH!

well, you should be able to do it on your phone -- let me know if it works.

LazyL
05-28-2004, 02:13 PM
Say what you will about Starbucks and their mega-corporation, mom-n-pop killing generic selves...that doesn't bother me. What DOES is the naming a small a tall, a medium and extra tall, etc.
...so I'm with ya on that one toots!!!!

-mht

...full-bodied, 98.6 degrees, naturally sweet, with just a kiss of cream.

jibnot
05-28-2004, 02:30 PM
Teeny tiny little nervous dogs that cry/yap a never-ending song and their owners who encouragingly baby talk the little fackers.