PDA

View Full Version : Hey NoKnees...

TBone
04-28-2004, 06:37 AM
how's everything post-surgery? Recovery beginning/coming along?

Hope all's well brutha.

And, it pains me to say this, but your Sharks are looking mighty good. Nabakov (sp?) is standing on his head.

San Jose - Calgary to get to the cup finals? Whodathunkit?

T

canuck
04-28-2004, 09:20 AM
Those Calgary bums aren't quite there yet, that Kiprasov guy is playing unbelievably well though (we could use a goalie)...

go Leafs go! (am off today at 4 to watch the game)

NoKnees
04-28-2004, 10:53 AM
Recovery is going.. Stitches came out on Monday, look pretty good there. Just a little pinkish still on the lower side of the incision. Need to keep an eye on it. It'll be a nice 3 1/2 to 4 inch scar. Trying to figure out how to work it into a snowboarding related tatoo maybe.. ;) Anyway, wearing a boot to control the angle of my foot/tension on the tendon and on crutches for another 4 weeks at least. Fun stuff... Still, no driving either... Total house arrest... Grrr....

As for the Sharks, yeah, I've been wanting to say something on here about them, but don't want to jinx them. Nabakav is making it look easy with some great help on defense from the rest of the team. Your Avy's need to figure out some way to screen him or something because he's getting a good look at every shot coming his way.. Anyway, Go Sharks!

Now if our local Giants can get off there butt and start playing some baseball I'd have something else to be happy about while sitting on my a$$..

Da Gimp

elex
04-28-2004, 11:13 AM
Glad to see things are healing up.Lower leg surgeries take along time to heal,especially what you had done.Maybe we can compare scars sometime.I might see about swinging over on sunday evening.We can drink,plus it's not too far of a commute from there.Did the full one yesterday.Heal up.
da E

NoKnees
04-28-2004, 01:52 PM
Ahh, a few beers and comparing scars.. Now that will surely send Tiina out of the house with an abundance of testosterone.

Actually, if you show up at a reasonable time on Sunday I'll put you to work so be carefull.. We are moving... Kinda started the process before I maimed myself and it became official just before I went in for surgery. So I get to watch people move my crap, as I can't carry anything or drive yet.. Nice... Worth the $500 a month in savings in rent though... About 15 minutes further south from our current place..

Anyway, I'm sure we'll talk later this week... Don't work too hard...

Da Gimp

NoKnees
04-29-2004, 10:34 AM
Your boys put it off one more game at least. Tightly contested match... Although I must admit that last penalty called in reg time was pretty weak for a double... It was the old tap on one shoulder and pass on the other while running into a stick in the face play.. Crafty.. ;) 2 minutes, sure.. 4, no way..

Anyway, making a match of it at least..

In the meantime, go Lightning too.. Warm climate teams going the distance... Could happen..

Da Gimp

TBone
04-29-2004, 12:24 PM
Glad things are looking good on your end. I moved pre-surgery too and noone would let me carry anything. Kinda sucked actually.

Bunda scored tickets at work yesterday, so I didn't get the closeup of the high stick. Did it draw blood?

Got a bit more traffic in front of Nabakov, power play looks horrible w/ out Blake. I'm hoping to bring it back to Denver, but I think Abby needs to stand on his head again. We're just not skating well, Granato's switching lines up every shift, Forsberg's getting mugged and it's getting to his head. I can hope anyway. ;)

T

TBone
04-29-2004, 12:25 PM
Decisions, decisions....

;)

T

NoKnees
04-29-2004, 02:22 PM
Yep, hope springs eternal.. And it's free...

It could happen though.. Seems like the Sharks are being a little less physical on the checks the last two games as well. It really seemed to help with the first to matches, but then again the officiating has definitely changed a bit too. Ah well, no worries.. As long as both teams play well it'll be interesting to watch.. Still have to be a homeboy and pull for my Sharks though..

Da Gimp

elex
04-29-2004, 02:39 PM
Redwings rock!
Your shite is in the right hands by the way.Sorry,I didn't tell you,you can have my 1st born. Rode Alpine Meadows today,summit was closed so we could only ride to mid mtn. Fun still,I did some turns for you.Actually they were falling leaf turns,I can't go toeside.
sharkE

NoKnees
04-30-2004, 06:49 AM
Gee, thanks... That's about right on the turns for someone with no achilles... Falling leaf all the way man. Now if you can figure out some effective falling leaf turns in deep powder I'm set for next season.. ;)

Was that your first time at Alpine? Shame you couldn't play on more of the mountain... Fun place.. Looks like Kirkweed is open for another weekend or two as well if enough people show up to keep the lifts running. Plenty of snow at least..

Ah well, Go Sharks!

da Gimp