PDA

View Full Version : Snowing sunscreen

jibnot
04-26-2004, 05:07 AM
Just a reminder for the high elevation peeps.
:)
Was indulging in some fresh, snowed all day, no sun.
:D
I’m not albino or ass white but my face fried big time.
:confused:
Usually good about this stuff but paid the price.
:o
Aaaaaaaa my face.
:(

NoKnees
04-26-2004, 02:07 PM
Funny how that works... I usually stick to north slopes myself, no sun there.. Then again, I'm sticking to my couch these days.. So, ya, no sun there either... Just a gimp with a stitched up achilles... 4 more weeks of crutches.. woohoo! (got external stitches pulled today though, so far so good)

Gimp

jibnot
04-26-2004, 10:04 PM
Are the internal stitches permanent? Wire?
Do you think hard boots will be the protocol next year? Skiing?

LazyL
04-26-2004, 10:56 PM
Yowch. Who knew you could get scorched under those conditions? High altitude is apparently the culprit -- I heard some pseudo-statistic about one day at high alty being equal to an entire summer on the beach. Probably bogus, but it illustrates the danger, I suppose.

Aloe...vitamin E oil...and a Nixon mask once you start peeling?

Heal up soon, jib-a-libba!

jibnot
04-27-2004, 12:15 AM
Nixon mask?

LazyL
04-27-2004, 10:34 AM
Nixon mask?

Anything to catch the perfect wave. (Has anybody actually seen this movie? Worth renting?)

canuck
04-27-2004, 11:53 AM
I've seen it!!!!

Totally worth renting for it's pathetic plot and horrible acting by canoe reeves.....his girlfriiend is Tank Girl though, who I think is pretty cool....

jibnot
04-27-2004, 12:27 PM
….. thought it was some sort of California new age thing. Eggplant, zucchini, organic pork and fish scale exfoliating scrub.

MARK
04-27-2004, 02:12 PM
Anything to catch the perfect wave. (Has anybody actually seen this movie? Worth renting?)
I thought everyone's seen Point Break? It's actually not that bad of a movie. No, really...

NoKnees
04-28-2004, 11:05 AM
Internal stitches are organic, so they are desovling away as we speak..

Considering hardbooting at first but it might actually lead to more falls off the bat, which might not be ideal.... Have to see how the rehab comes along though before I worry about that too much.. As is, my stiffer soft boots and some stiff bindings will go a long way in keeping things from getting too out of countrol in the tendon flex area.. May ski, we'll just have to see... My cuz has some new skis I want to break in at some point...

Although even in hardboots I've heard you are not completely protected. Friend of a coworker blew out his achilles skiing, but then again, he was going pretty big when he went down... Don't think I'll be doing that..

Still a little ways off... No need to stress about details yet... Enough other things are stressing me out... ;)

Da Gimp