PDA

View Full Version : What'd they DO??!??!

Reverend SC
04-22-2004, 04:48 PM
Went to Ride's site and found this:

It has recently come to the attention of management at Ride Snowboards that a very inappropriate and insensitive statement was posted at our recent industry trade show booth. At the outset, we must be clear that our company and its employees in no way condone or otherwise support this type of activity or message. We are very disturbed by its occurrence.

Since we became aware of this activity, Ride Snowboards has responded to each individual who has contacted us to apologize to all those offended by this incident. We fully appreciate the extent of disappointment and dismay. In response to specific concerns expressed to us, we would like to clarify that this statement was in no way authorized, and we were as surprised and offended by its existence as the individuals we have recently heard from.

Throughout Ride's 11-year history, we have always attempted to hire, educate, and maintain a non-judgmental and socially open-minded workforce and we continue to act in accordance with that goal. Accordingly, the employees responsible for this incident have been suspended without pay for a period during which they have agreed to participate in a program that will heighten their sensitivity and social tolerance. Upon returning to their jobs, the individuals will remain on probationary status for an additional period of time.

Furthermore, although this incident was limited to the actions of a few, Ride Snowboards will begin to immediately re-educate all of its employees on its existing company policy of zero tolerance for any workplace harassment which includes negative conduct to an individual because of gender, race, religion, sexual orientation or disability.

We have also taken steps to communicate our sentiment directly to NSIA as well as to all individuals and organizations that have contacted us regarding this incident.

To those most directly offended by the statements made, our customers and the public generally, we thank you for your understanding in this matter - and again offer our sincerest apologies and commitment to zero tolerance in matters like this.

Sincerely,

Robert Marcovitch
President
Ride Snowboards

What happened? I hate when I miss stuff...

jibnot
04-22-2004, 06:05 PM
http://www.outsports.com/local/2004/0309antigaysnowboard.htm

Coldcat
04-23-2004, 01:00 AM
I ride a burton, and I am gay... (now I finally know how that came to be...my mother will be so glad she's not to blame!) and I guess it is also clear now why burton is worlds'number one snowboard goods retailer???
Really, sometimes I think straights are total nutters!

As far as the apology goes: lame, lame, lame. Undefinable semi polite and political correct with tongue in cheeck no balls trash talk.

Total wussies, those ride folks. They don't even check on their own pr management. You call that managing a business? tssk.

MARK
04-23-2004, 03:57 AM
I ride a burton, and I am gay... (now I finally know how that came to be...my mother will be so glad she's not to blame!) and I guess it is also clear now why burton is worlds'number one snowboard goods retailer???
Really, sometimes I think straights are total nutters!

As far as the apology goes: lame, lame, lame. Undefinable semi polite and political correct with tongue in cheeck no balls trash talk.

Total wussies, those ride folks. They don't even check on their own pr management. You call that managing a business? tssk.
Just a side note, but actually K2 is the world's number one snowboarding goods manufacturer in terms of sales. They of course own Ride, which is the leader in world-wide binding sales.

Coldcat
04-23-2004, 04:30 AM
Damn gays can't even get their numbers straight! I apologize for that
:)

Reverend SC
04-23-2004, 07:56 AM
Oooooh, I see...

What a bunch of losers. That sign looks pretty official, and with stickers too. I don't buy for a minute that someone that should have stopped it didn't see it.

Weak....

NoKnees
04-23-2004, 10:56 AM
I'm with you... I HIGHLY doubt that sign/slogan wasn't seen by someone above the actual tradeshow staff. Then again, who knows these days. Regardless, no excuse can make it go away...

So much for the little bit of respect I had for the company... First they let E go, now this... Forget it.. They're over...