PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report: Surf (San Diego) and Turf (Mammoth)

LazyL
04-19-2004, 12:00 PM
Neither of which I actually partook of, but let's not let facts cloud a perfectly good opportunity to natter on aimlessly!

Anyway.

Mammoth received a nice foot-plus of fresh fluffernutter over the weekend, which rocked...for those who were there. Not me! I was down in San Diego on the big surf-a-palooza camping trip.

But no loss, right? Ahhh, San Diego...clean water (well, compared to L.A.), uncrowded breaks (at the lesser spots, anyway), and a campsite right by the beach (which a friend had reserved six months in advance, as is necessary).

But Mother Nature was in a sassy mood, and pranked us with rain and strong winds on Saturday. My beloved old tent didn't survive the onslaught, and was given a dignified burial in the nearest dumpster. Slept in the back of the wagon, which was cozy and nice.

Sunday, it dawned sunny and pretty calm, wind-wise, but, this being SoCal, the water was too toxic from the rainwater drainage the day before. This was the first good rain in a while, so everything that was on the streets found its way to the sea: dog poop, antifreeze, pesticides, you name it.

So, I missed the snow, and got rained out on the surf. :rolleyes: But I had a very good time meeting old friends and new at the campsite. And discovered Angostura bitters, which receive the official seal of good taste from Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. Good enough for me.

CanariaChick
04-19-2004, 01:28 PM
You always have fun LL, any pictures of your debauchery? :D

LazyL
04-20-2004, 11:34 AM
La la la.