PDA

View Full Version : back from whsitler!

K2snowboard101
04-12-2004, 02:20 PM
thanks alot guys i had a blast!!!! the bowls and glaciers were spectacular! i have soccer game and i have to shirnk the pictures before ill put them on the site. thanks for the help again and see u in a few hours!!!

canuck
04-13-2004, 07:32 AM
you totally scored with the weather bro!!!! Clouds rolling in today and showers later on....

hurry up with the pics!

Tantrum
04-13-2004, 07:58 AM
was looking a bit iffy for a while. Bring on the pics!

K2snowboard101
04-13-2004, 11:43 AM
all the pics are WAY to big and i dont know how to shrink them..im firguring it out right now

Tantrum
04-13-2004, 11:52 AM
all the pics are WAY to big
Yuk, yuk.:p

K2snowboard101
04-13-2004, 12:04 PM
i try to post but it says the pic is to big....trying to figure it out. help is appreciated as this is FRUSTRATING!

ya the weather was about 55 at base. 30-35 over half way up (apporox 3000 feet) sun was out the whole time leaving me with a nice rudolph the red nose reindeer souvinear

K2snowboard101
04-13-2004, 12:43 PM
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/rick.leavenworth@sbcglobal.net/album?.dir=/40a5

Here are some pics on an album. hopefully the link works. weather was great. theres a pic in there of me getting MESSED up. im in the air about 10 feet and i smacked my back and got the wind knocked out of me. lol theres an after pic were i loook like i just got wrecked. definetely more pics coming up in the next few hours or days.stay tuned. peace

MARK
04-13-2004, 06:34 PM
Album can't be accessed. Use a photo editing program to change them to no bigger than 800x600 which should work okay and upload them to here as attachments.

K2snowboard101
04-14-2004, 04:53 AM
do i have to buy a program for that? i tried to do it in paint, or microsoft fax viewer and couldnt figure it out...maybe i can make the YAHOO Photo album access to the public?whatever ill mess around with it later.

peace

Ripzalot
04-14-2004, 07:55 AM
do i have to buy a program for that? i tried to do it in paint, or microsoft fax viewer and couldnt figure it out...maybe i can make the YAHOO Photo album access to the public?whatever ill mess around with it later.

peace

http://www.irfanview.com

free and easy jpg utility that does it all. best feature is the batch conversion. just copy your pics to a folder, open irfanview, hit "b" to open the batch mode. select the files, set the options you want (resizing under advanced options), set the output directory (can be the same with overwrite), hit start and bada-bing!

i normally resize my pics 50% (down to 800x600), sharpen 2, and maybe a little gamma corrections and contrast depending on whether the pics are too bright or too dark.

K2snowboard101
04-14-2004, 02:26 PM
cant figure it out....i did everything u said. then i hit start, and then add to clipboard. and then i didnt know where to go.

Ripzalot
04-15-2004, 01:23 AM
cant figure it out....i did everything u said. then i hit start, and then add to clipboard. and then i didnt know where to go.

1) Copy the files to a new folder, call it C:\CONVERTED or something like that
2) Start up Irfanview
3) Hit B, which opens the batch conversion window
4) Under "Look in:", navigate to your new folder C:\CONVERTED
5) Click "Add All"". this will select all the files in that folder and move them to the "Input files" area
6) Click the button "Use this directory as output". This will place the converted files in the same folder C:\CONVERTED
7) Select "Batch conversion" under "Work as:"
8) Output format: "JPG - JPG Format"
9) Click the Options button. The only thing to change here is maybe the "Save Quality". Normally 80% is fine. thie higher the better the quality but sometimes it will still be over the 100k file limit for this site. Usually, changing it down to 60-70% is ok and gets the file down under the limit. Change it with the slider then OK to close that window.
10) Check the box "Use Advanced Options". Then click the button "Set Advanced Options" Here is where all your conversion options are set.

Check Resize and set the new size, either a fixed size or a percentage of the original size. I do 50% of the original size. 50% width and 50% height. (You will need to figure out what percentage gets you down to 800x600. This depends on your original photo size).

Check "Preserve Aspect Ratio". This keeps the proportions the same for your photos. Not needed if you do the same % for both height and width but good to have checked anyways.

Under "Other Options", select any that you want to apply. (Leave alone for now)

Under "Miscellaneous", make sure you have "Overwrite existing files" checked. Otherwise it will not write out the newly converted files.

Click OK to close the Advanced Options window.

11) Now click Start and the batch conversion begins.

DONE!

Tantrum
04-15-2004, 07:01 AM
Can you make one for me on how to do my job?:p

Ripzalot
04-15-2004, 08:13 AM
Can you make one for me on how to do my job?:p

now THAT would be too much work. ;) i actually did all this for a friend a while back. unfortunately it was all for not, he's on an iMac! D'oh! good thing I still had the email.

K2snowboard101
04-15-2004, 03:05 PM
the photo with me in the air is when i hit my back really bad about 15 feet up..and u can see after ward pic lol

K2snowboard101
04-15-2004, 03:20 PM
thanks for all your help! i will use it in the future. hope u like the pics, more on the way

the last two pics are on burnt stew and harmony bowl at whistler. i wound down the mogul part and got a ton of speed. and hit those natural rollers by the pine tree and FLEW. it was the best run. powder was up there too

canuck
04-16-2004, 08:01 AM
thanks for all your help! i will use it in the future. hope u like the pics, more on the way

the last two pics are on burnt stew and harmony bowl at whistler. i wound down the mogul part and got a ton of speed. and hit those natural rollers by the pine tree and FLEW. it was the best run. powder was up there too

Nice photos!!! I'm glad you had a blast and hope your back is better dude!

K2snowboard101
04-16-2004, 02:05 PM
ya its kind of spasming and gets really qwerked when i move it weird. its only sometimes, ive been playin socer basketball no problem. ya i wish i would have had more action shots with carving and some jumps but thats ok. pretty pictures are nice too :-)