PDA

View Full Version : just got back from Mammoth & June

elex
04-11-2004, 05:43 PM
I mostly did park/pipe, but I sort of got to explore a little.I've been working with Flow for the past couple of weeks & I finally got to meet & ride with the team.I'm so glad I'm not a pro snowboarder,these guys took some nasty falls.It's funny looking around the table, seems everybody has won a major comp &/or is world champ.Let the good times & long drives continue.I must say it's nice getting paid while riding,better than the other way.
latE

LazyL
04-11-2004, 07:43 PM
Springtime conditions notwithstanding, what did you think of June Mtn?

elex
04-12-2004, 08:48 AM
Springtime conditions notwithstanding, what did you think of June Mtn?
You had to download the main chair from the lodge,we still rode it on the 1st day. The mtn is mellow,good cruising on nice groomers,nice pipe,no people & the weather is nicer than Mammoth.The only steep terrain is the main chair,which looks fun on a pow day.It's a nice place overall.

NoKnees
04-12-2004, 11:53 AM
Glad to hear you had some fun down there. Worth the drive then? Get some sleep.. I'll give you a call in the next day or so to catch up... Life's hectic..

CanariaChick
04-12-2004, 12:43 PM
I was just talking to Jimmy this weekend and he had just gotten back from shooting the Flow team at Mammoth, did you guys coincide? If he hands you a bussiness card, that's our kids playing together at the pinball machine, lol! ...their newest monkey has 2 weeks max left in the oven, E-xciting times... what have you been up to?

elex
04-18-2004, 08:34 AM
I've know Jimmy/Kimmy & her brother for a long long time,must be around 10 years or so. Yeah,he was suprised when I showed up.That's how we usually see each other most of the time,me popping out of the woods or something.He kills it on the snow skate,I took his 800lbs camera bag down on the last day so he could schralp the gnar on the skate. Last I heard,no new baby,I think it's due this week.
babE

CanariaChick
04-19-2004, 10:01 AM
Dude, that's too funny, Seattle is such a small town! Where everybody knows your nameeee...

Those camera bags are a b!atch, not only do they weight a ton, but they also give new meaning to "conservative riding", a light tumble can cost several thousand $$ worth of lenses. You are such a good friend! He was talking about how much fun he had riding downhill on the snow sk8, a whole new game.

When are you coming up to the NW? Come up and visit before our June take off, a big partee is on the plans for end of May.

Stay in TouchE

elex
04-19-2004, 12:24 PM
Dude, that's too funny, Seattle is such a small town! Where everybody knows your nameeee...

Those camera bags are a b!atch, not only do they weight a ton, but they also give new meaning to "conservative riding", a light tumble can cost several thousand $$ worth of lenses. You are such a good friend! He was talking about how much fun he had riding downhill on the snow sk8, a whole new game.

When are you coming up to the NW? Come up and visit before our June take off, a big partee is on the plans for end of May.

Stay in TouchE
Where are you going in June?I don't know if I can make the party,but I will be at Hood for all of June/July.The party sounds fun,maybe I'll pop out of a cake or a keg.Jimmy is pretty darn good on that thing.I helped make one of the first snowskates along time ago,but I still haven't ridden one yet.I should be shot.
thE

CanariaChick
04-19-2004, 01:25 PM
If you pop out of a cake, the ladies in the audience will find it impossible to refrain the temptation to get a taste of the sweet stuff.... now, if you pop out of a beer keg, glissening and basking in all your glorE, it may the lads in the audience who will find it impossible to refrain the temptation to get a lick of the stuff. Your choice. :p

So I take you didn't read the post where I announced I was going to the Canary Islands in mid-June, got the tix, gave notice at work, and I'm getting ready to go!

What's gonna be your gig at Mt. Hood this summer, camp councelor? rodeo clown? ambiguos industry insider? bar fly? all of the abovE? ;)

elex
04-19-2004, 01:44 PM
I don't think the guys will appreciate having alot of head in their beers.So the cake sounds much better.On that note,I'm working for Flow,so I'll be at the house.Testing,working with the camp,staying away from the Ratskellar & getting humbled in the park.How long will you be in the Canary Islands?
icE on the cake

CanariaChick
04-20-2004, 09:47 AM
I'll be in the Canary islands for about 3 months, checking things out :D A lot of things are falling into place for this trip, so I'm feeling pretty excited about the whole experience. Wooohooo!

Sounds like you will have a good summer too at Hood, I may have to visit you for a weekend before I leave, freE housing?

elex
04-21-2004, 02:26 PM
I'll be in the Canary islands for about 3 months, checking things out :D A lot of things are falling into place for this trip, so I'm feeling pretty excited about the whole experience. Wooohooo!

Sounds like you will have a good summer too at Hood, I may have to visit you for a weekend before I leave, freE housing?

Sure it's free.Are you good at doing laundrE,cleaning & cooking?Kidding,I might be there for 3 months now.Maybe I can get some skill back.It's taking alot longer than I thought.
e