PDA

View Full Version : Hot scraping

Reverend SC
04-01-2004, 09:50 AM
I usually clean my bases with base cleaner and it works fine. But it appears the grime is getting pretty deep into the base, the cleaner isn't getting it out. I guess hot scraping is the way to get it out now, but I have some questions....

By "hot", does that mean still liquid. Like, make a pass with the iron then immediately scrape? Or does it just mean you don't wait 30 minutes after coating it, just scrape when you finish applying it.

MARK
04-01-2004, 02:04 PM
I usually clean my bases with base cleaner and it works fine. But it appears the grime is getting pretty deep into the base, the cleaner isn't getting it out. I guess hot scraping is the way to get it out now, but I have some questions....

By "hot", does that mean still liquid. Like, make a pass with the iron then immediately scrape? Or does it just mean you don't wait 30 minutes after coating it, just scrape when you finish applying it.
It means that you scrape immediately after waxing the base, although I'd love to see some vid of you trying to scrape it before it turns to a solid! :eek: