Ripzalot
03-29-2004, 02:23 AM
Resort: Glacier3000, Switzerland
Date: 3/27/2004
Temp: -8C
Wind: Still to light
Snow: Powder
Sun: Sunny

This was THE DAY, a long awaited powder day at Glacier3000. For the past week+, they kept the back bowl, the Combe d'Audon, closed due to weather and high avy risk. After the past week's storm, it was going to be interesting to see firsthand exactly how much powder had made it's way down this far south. No disappointments - we arrived to find 70cm of untracked powder. And we were early enough that I could take the honors of cutting the first high traverse across the bowl. :D

The Combe was windswept at the top but quickly gave up the light fluffy stuff after the initial drop in. The day was spent doing circuits down the bowl and then ending with a couple of descents down to the road at Reusch. Each descent through the Combe is approx 1000m, and about 1500m all the way to Reusch, so it was a leg burner day. The first few circuits were spent with Al and Bill, then a couple solo circuits while they skied Reusch, then finishing back up with them and Dave and John for a couple more Combe descents and two more runs down to Reusch. One of the best days of the season by far.

Ripzalot
03-29-2004, 02:26 AM
More pics...

Ripzalot
03-29-2004, 02:31 AM
Still more pics...

SwissBuster
03-30-2004, 05:05 AM
The photos prove you made the right choice of resort for Saturday.
I'll post mine from Verbier on Monday once I recover - the teaser is that we took in 8000m of vertical without a single cloud in the sky.

REON
03-30-2004, 06:17 AM
I'm sooo jealous. That looks incredible! You'd laugh if you saw what I was shredding on last weekend.

Look... :(
http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/barespots.jpg

Coldcat
03-30-2004, 08:00 AM
see???? Always mother nature throws one last snowstorm in in March... I'm happy for you! (and very very sad for myself) those lines (especially in the third series of pics you posted) look seriously salivating. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to loose some drool....... :(

NoKnees
03-30-2004, 01:23 PM
Great stuff... As I'm sitting here knowing that I'm done for the season, good to see someone else still getting some great freshies..