PDA

View Full Version : Vans Boa Lace-up system

frog
03-27-2004, 08:48 PM
i tried a pair of vans boots on today, with the boa lace up system, and they seemed to be really comfotable, and easy to use, is there any one out there who is riding with them??? and could tell me if they are comfortable for riding all day???

frog
03-27-2004, 10:33 PM
and which boot is better, fargo or contra???

Reverend SC
03-29-2004, 10:38 AM

Don't know, but I can give you some info on the Boa. My wife has a pair of Omni's she does like them, but she has one complaint about the system - it tightens uniformly. Now, I realize this line is used in marketing materials as a good thing, but that's not always the case. With her foot shape, it's better and more comfortable to tighten the uppers more than the lowers. She can do this with her Salomons, but the Vans tighten evenly from top to bottom, causing her some discomfort over the top of her foot, just to get the upper tight enough.

wifebeater
12-30-2004, 12:28 PM
I tried them all but found that the contra was the best.

wifebeater
12-30-2004, 01:54 PM
contras are cool all day long. You'll be happy if you get them.

i tried a pair of vans boots on today, with the boa lace up system, and they seemed to be really comfotable, and easy to use, is there any one out there who is riding with them??? and could tell me if they are comfortable for riding all day???