Ripzalot
03-26-2004, 04:10 AM
Resort: Leysin, Switzerland
Date: 3/25/2004
Temp: -8C
Wind: Still to light
Snow: Powder
Sun: Cloudy

Took a day off work for a long awaited powder day. The original plan was for G3000, but it was closed due to bad weather and avalanche warnings. Next best (closest) place was Leysin, so I met up with Al and Stephen for some non-stop powder runs. The only decent spot was the topmost run, which was fine coz it's the steepest part of the resort. 20-30cms of nice light fluffy stuff. Plently of bottomless turns and faceplants for everyone.

NoKnees
03-26-2004, 10:05 AM
You're killing me today... Nice shots... Reminds me of the fact that Tahoe has a fresh foot of snow and I'm in the office... Grrr...

Looks like some proper powder though... Hmmm.. An ST would have been nice in that.. ;)

canuck
03-26-2004, 11:03 AM
Damn!!

sweet shots in late March!

CanariaChick
03-26-2004, 11:14 AM
You're killing me today... Nice shots... Reminds me of the fact that Tahoe has a fresh foot of snow and I'm in the office... Grrr...

Looks like some proper powder though... Hmmm.. An ST would have been nice in that.. ;)
NoKnees, I thought you were pleasurely unemployed... what happened? Yob and billz caught up with ya?

Leysin looks totally kick a$$, Ripz, nice powder fields in march, and the smile on your skier buddy after the drop to butt-check, says it all... FUN! :D

Tantrum
03-26-2004, 11:17 AM
Nice shots. Our season is done. No snow in sight and the mountains are hitting 60s. I rode Copper last weekend and it was a waste. Frozen chunks of snow in the AM and water ski turns in the PM. I would have been pissed but I had a free ticket. The only good part: my goggle tan is the envy of the office.:p

NoKnees
03-26-2004, 01:55 PM
Took a contract job with my cousin for the time being.. The prospect of me not having a regular job with our wedding coming up was causing my fiance' a bit of stress. She gets enough of that from her work, so I figured I'd suck it up for a bit and get a job..

But yah, I coulda been riding today... :( Actually, it's E's fault. If he was around to ride today I would have played hookie and gone up there. So yah, it's his fault.