PDA

View Full Version : Aspen in April? (Snowmass in Spring?)

mehugtree
03-24-2004, 04:20 PM
Headed out to CO/UT (Grand Junction/Moab) for a little ATB'ing the first weekend in April, and then have a week to kill. Trying to decide between hitting up Snowmass where we my buddy has a place for us to stay, or heading South and cruising around UT, AZ and NM.

What would you do?

And will there be any good snow left?

-mht

Kevbeau
03-24-2004, 04:50 PM
I'll be in Aspen March 31st through April 4th. I'll drop a quick snow report on the board to give ya a heads up. We went around the same time last year and it was great. The Aspen/Snowmass area really has a lot of great terrain...we'll just have to see how the snowpack is holding up in the recent tropical depression.

TBone
03-25-2004, 03:19 PM
CO's not looking good for snow right now.

Keep us posted if you do stop by though. Maybe this time I'll actually make it up there w/ DrBunda.

T

Kevbeau
04-06-2004, 07:09 AM
Headed out to CO/UT (Grand Junction/Moab) for a little ATB'ing the first weekend in April, and then have a week to kill. Trying to decide between hitting up Snowmass where we my buddy has a place for us to stay, or heading South and cruising around UT, AZ and NM.

What would you do?

And will there be any good snow left?

-mht

Snow was crusty in the morning, nice corn about 10 - 2pm and just sloppy slush after that, especially at the lower elevations. Highlands had the best coverage, but they closed Sunday. Snowmass had the 2nd best coverage. Anything even remotely steep was bumped or tracked out, but I heard it started snowing right after we left..aaargh!!! Weather was unusually warm...T-shirts, but the town and nightlife was still hoppin'. Hope that helps.

Tantrum
04-09-2004, 08:37 AM
Headed out to CO/UT (Grand Junction/Moab) for a little ATB'ing the first weekend in April, and then have a week to kill. Trying to decide between hitting up Snowmass where we my buddy has a place for us to stay, or heading South and cruising around UT, AZ and NM.Did you hit Snowmass or did you stay with the heat? Inquiring minds want to know.:p