PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to Disneyland!!

canuck
03-23-2004, 03:41 PM
Yep, never been and it is time...

Hey LL, you want to drive up for lunch or something?

wink

LazyL
03-23-2004, 06:39 PM
Whoa! You're coming to Disneyland? Oooh. Details, man, details! When will you be here, where ya staying, how long, etc. You meeting relatives down here, or just winging it on your own? This is a pretty time of year to visit -- it's getting warm enough for the ladies to dress most immodestly!

If I'm in town, of course of course of course, I'd love to meet you. Email me.

Ripzalot
03-24-2004, 06:44 AM
One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disney Land, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. "Oh, no," I said, "Disney Land burned down." He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disney Land, but it was getting pretty late.

canuck
03-24-2004, 10:24 AM
that's pretty funny in a sick and twisted way...I like it

canuck
03-24-2004, 10:26 AM
k, sending you something at the sippin cristal addy....

twinkie
03-24-2004, 03:25 PM
One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disney Land, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. "Oh, no," I said, "Disney Land burned down." He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disney Land, but it was getting pretty late.

a deep thought?

NoKnees
03-24-2004, 04:38 PM
That was my guess... was just waiting to see the Jack Handy signature on it...

IT's great seeing the little kids freak out when they see Mickey Mouse the first time in person. This 5ft tall black and white mouse lurking over them just doesn't always make the best first impression.

BTW Canuck, shoot me an email on when you are heading down as well. My lady wants to make another trip down there soon. Being season pass holders, it's not a big deal..

elex
03-24-2004, 06:00 PM
When are you headed down there?I'm making my way down there on saturday to see my bro.Next time I go there I'm going to grab Pluto or Goofy & hump the he!! out their legs. Pay back for all the dogs that humped me,ahh leg.
Your big dwarf,
humpE

LazyL
03-24-2004, 06:12 PM
That was my guess... was just waiting to see the Jack Handy signature on it...

IT's great seeing the little kids freak out when they see Mickey Mouse the first time in person. This 5ft tall black and white mouse lurking over them just doesn't always make the best first impression.

BTW Canuck, shoot me an email on when you are heading down as well. My lady wants to make another trip down there soon. Being season pass holders, it's not a big deal..

Meet up at the Matterhorn? :cool:

I may end up getting one of those season pass deals, too. I'm kinda addicted to Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. :p

canuck
03-26-2004, 09:12 AM
I'm going April 20th for 3 days.......

My 3 year old would be quite impressed if NoKnees and E could dress up like Snow White and Cinderella?!!

:)

NoKnees
03-26-2004, 10:11 AM
Sorry man, best I can do is Tigger or Winnie the Poo.. Have adult costumes for those... They are pretty warm to wear though. Was thinking of going boarding dressed as Tigger at some point this year. Then I realized I'm just not good enough to pull that off.. Tigger I could manage, 'cause he doesn't seem like he'd be the ripping boarder that Tigger would.

Hmmm.. April 20th... Who knows...

Reverend SC
03-26-2004, 10:21 AM
Sorry man, best I can do is Tigger or Winnie the Poo.. Have adult costumes for those... They are pretty warm to wear though. Was thinking of going boarding dressed as Tigger at some point this year. Then I realized I'm just not good enough to pull that off.. Tigger I could manage, 'cause he doesn't seem like he'd be the ripping boarder that Tigger would.

Hmmm.. April 20th... Who knows...

Been done. I saw a guy at Donner a month ago dressed in a Tigger costume, hood up with the little ears and everything.

Tantrum
03-26-2004, 11:21 AM
For Serena's fourth birthday. The hardest part was waiting in line for the rides. A four year old is pretty observant. Serena was bummed that we waited in line for an hour for a two minute ride and said "Is that all?" However, there are lots of other things to do than rides. Get there early for the Main Street Electrical Parade. Have fun.

NoKnees
03-26-2004, 02:06 PM
Park Tips..

First, get a Park Hopper Pass.. I think they have a deal where you can buy a two day pass and get an extra day free, or something like that.

Check their website as it has all the available rides and shows available listed for each day you are there. The classic Electrical parade is over at California Adventure, and the regular Parade of Stars and any seasonal parades are at Disneyland. They don't run all the parades every day, so that's where the schedule comes in handy.

For kids I recomend Breakfast With The Stars one day. It's a pretty generic buffet style breakfast, but all the Disney characters are available for the kids to meet and get photos/autographs with. It's easier than trying to deal with that in the park on a busy day.

I know Rich (Spooner) recently took his family down there and might have a few more tips.

Oh, and don't forget to make use of the Fast Pass on busy days. Helps to deal with the long lines, but doesn't completely eliminate them.

And with kids, try to go to Fantasy Land when the park first opens. Peter Pan's ride usually has the longest lines all day, so your best bet is to catch it first thing. Everyone else is running to the big kids rides first thing.

Not that I've every been down there or know anything about the place...

Ric-N-NorCal
03-26-2004, 02:57 PM
Here's my 2 Cents, I was just down there this Month, Mar 1-4. As NK mentioned the breakfast/lunch/Dinner with a star is actually callled a Character Breakfast, lunch or dinner and they have it at the Disneyland Hotel. Make sure you call ahead to "Goofy's Kitchen" and make reservations! You can take the monirail or just drive over there. The price is about $30.00 per person including tip so you don't have to worry about the service. The buffet is really good! just like Vegas. I Really think its worth the price to see the look on your kids face when Goofy, Pluto, Minne Mouse or Balou sits down at your table and starts messing with ya. I'm talking about grabbing your food, taking pictures, feeding you etc etc. and they come back to your table over and over. You can't get this in the park! Did I mention that I use to work there, While going to Cal-State Fullerton, I picked up a job as ride operator on the now defunct submarine ride. That was back in 84'. When I use to surf Trestles or Salt Creek by day (summer) and work at D-land at night.
Anyways, I would take Greg's recommendation and check out thier website for info. The fast pass is great deal if you're going to be there over a weekend or if you get a late start. On the rides that do offer Fast Pass, you just swipe your park ticket and it spits out a ticket with a time to come back, usually about 1hr out, you just go to the line marked "Fast Pass" and it takes you right to the front. If you're good at time management don't stop at one ride, Grab a fast pass for Pirates of the Caribeen then go right next door and grab on for the haunted House and then go to splash Mountain. That way when you get done with one ride just keep going to another! Also, another way to get back further into the park is to grab the train right when you enter the park, take the train all the way to the Haunted House or get off at Toon Town and work your way back. Don't forget to take a Monirail ride! If you have any questions give me a holla.

Ric N NorCal, formerly know as Spooner

Ric-N-NorCal
03-26-2004, 03:18 PM
Canuck,

If and when you go to California adventure, I would recommend Bugs Land which is themed after the movie Bugs life, the rides and the 3D theater are good. I would then go to Disney's Playhouse and check out Stanley, Wiggles, etc and then take a ride on California Soarin! Picture virtual reality ride with a screen thats 8 stories tall and curves above and below you. You might be there when they open a new ride, some scary looking hotel ride, can't remember what its called. Also there is place I really liked in Tomorrow land, its not a ride but more like an exhibit called Technology, its in a large round building next to autotopia, and it rotates really slow like 1mph. Once you go in, it they have a really cool computer play area with tons of games for the kids, you can even try out a Segway. The food and drink prices are pretty steep at D-land, we just packed our bag full of food and water from the local store and it worked great, I mean they do search your bags, purses when entering the park, after that we just headed to a locker and loaded it up and made a few trips back for some snack and drinks, keep in mind we did splurge here and there.

canuck
03-29-2004, 09:00 AM
thanks for the tips!!!