PDA

View Full Version : That O-Sin 4807...

NoKnees
03-19-2004, 03:51 PM
Still a few of them on auction for cheaper than what I paid... Couple starting at $59 + shipping but that's the entry bid... $109 for buy it now.. Think shipping is $20 or so...
Link Here (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3667228060&category=21250)
Hard to beat that price for a dedicated powder board...

canuck
03-19-2004, 04:19 PM
so has your arrived yet??

you got the 178 right? Likely to try it out this season?

MARK
03-19-2004, 04:43 PM
Still a few of them on auction for cheaper than what I paid... Couple starting at $59 + shipping but that's the entry bid... $109 for buy it now.. Think shipping is $20 or so...
Link Here (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3667228060&category=21250)
Hard to beat that price for a dedicated powder board...
Yeah, I snagged one at $95, but won't be trying it out this season. So how does your's ride? If you haven't been on it yet, give me a quick review once you have been. Thanks.

NoKnees
03-19-2004, 05:55 PM
I've received mine, but haven't ridden it yet. Basically hasn't snowed since the day I put a bit on it. So, if you are waiting for snow in Tahoe, it's my fault.

Anyway, hopefully next week I'll have a chance to bust it out. It's supposed to snow again, but we'll see. I think this has been one of the driest and warmest March's on record around here. My resort still have a base of 100-175 inches, so that's not too bad.. Others in Tahoe are starting to show it though.. I haven't ridden yet this month due to the weather. Sad times...

As for the board itself, I'm pretty excited about it. It's a bit stiffer than my Prior split 172 swallowtail, and definitely lighter. Has a longer nose that is actually spooned a little and more pointed, and a slightly shorter but stiffer tail. Width and sidecut are pretty similar. So is effective edge. All and all I think it'll easily become my new powder board for resort riding.

I'll see if I can toss up some photos of it next week. Have some contract work that's taking my extra time currently... Need money first...

MARK
03-19-2004, 05:59 PM
Got mine a while back. Let me know how you like the ride.

LazyL
03-19-2004, 06:43 PM
I've received mine, but haven't ridden it yet. Basically hasn't snowed since the day I put a bit on it. So, if you are waiting for snow in Tahoe, it's my fault.

Anyway, hopefully next week I'll have a chance to bust it out. It's supposed to snow again, but we'll see. I think this has been one of the driest and warmest March's on record around here. My resort still have a base of 100-175 inches, so that's not too bad.. Others in Tahoe are starting to show it though.. I haven't ridden yet this month due to the weather. Sad times...

I know there's no fresh-fresh, and it's been hotter'n the inside of a hog, but it's kinda fun to be out in the warm stuff at least from mid-morning to slightly after lunch, no? Sleep in late, let it soften up...take some lazy, slushy turns...then call it a day. Or are you saving your sheckels for when you can ride a full day? I have the cheapo early-purchase Mammoth season pass, so that makes it easier for me to do light-weight days. Hear ya if you're doing the day-pass thing!

Congrats on the contracting work, btw...a few dollars here, a few dollars there...it all helps.

TBone
03-20-2004, 07:30 PM
Think I got mine for $150 at a local shop last year. Took it out once and the increased length (compared to what I'm used to) and stiffness made it a no-can-do for me that day. (backcountry in the trees, etc.) Highly doubting I'll get it out in the snow this year. ;) Let me know how you like the ride!

T

Ripzalot
03-22-2004, 04:28 AM
4807 was the old height of mont blanc (in meters). they recently re-measured it with GPS and it's actually 4808.45m. that's after shrinking from 4810m over the last two years.

maybe o'sin is clearing house for a new model number?

beez
04-02-2004, 07:34 AM
All that talk of powder boards got me thinking, and I ended up picking up one of these bad babies on Ebay. I got the 178, effectively insuring that we will never have a big pow day again in Colorado. I'm looking forward to testing it out in the backcountry. Not for chutes and coulairs, but open stuff. 178 may be a little long for narrow chutes for me. Despite years of heavy steroid use and carbo loading(doughnuts), I can't seem to get above 155-160 lb's.

Tantrum
04-02-2004, 07:46 AM
Winter storm warning in effect for the local mountain, with Estes expected to get 6-12" overnight. Might be worth an Eldo trip tomorrow?

beez
04-02-2004, 07:51 AM
The Indian Peaks lift is closed for the season, the bottom of West Ridge is closed (it's freaking pure rocks and mud), and I don't know where they measure their 38" base, but it certainly isn't out on any of the runs. I think I'm done with Eldo for the season. If they get 12" Frid night I might head up Sat, otherwise, no. What a disapointing season. This will be my lowest days riding in a season that I've had in like 8 years. I skipped a lot of days I could have gone, just cause the snow was !@#. I will probably end the season with about 35 days in. arghh!!

NoKnees
04-02-2004, 08:29 AM
35 days still doesn't suck... But yah, the numbers can be deceiving. I didn't get in as many days this year as I had hoped, but the average quality was much higher than in years passed. Not too many complaints here. Only thing worth complaining about is I'll miss the seasonal corn harvest out west due to injury... Oh well..

beez
04-02-2004, 03:22 PM
The end of january and beginning of Feb were good, but then it started getting hit or miss.I had probably 10-15 days that were true quality, the rest were just days. Oh well. I would take 20 quality days over 50 boring days any time!!!

jibnot
04-02-2004, 04:49 PM
Wolf creek for me :D :p :D :) ;) :cool: