PDA

View Full Version : Cross your fingers, snow forecasted for next week!

HomerSimpson
03-17-2004, 06:52 PM
Everyone in Tahoe, Bay Area and Sacramento Basin, cross your finger. Snow is forecasted for the end of next week.

NoKnees
03-17-2004, 07:05 PM
Believe it when I see it...

Kevbeau
03-18-2004, 06:58 AM
We do a CO late season trip every year. Can't beat the prices and the weather is usually money....bluebird skies or powder, sometimes both. Decided to drive a little farther this year and head to Aspen the first week of April. It's killing me watching the base shrink on-line every day. I must sacrifice a board to the snow gods.

Tantrum
03-18-2004, 08:22 AM
As you say, the base is shrinking exponentially every day. No snow in sight. Just in case, bring your mountain bike.:(

NoKnees
03-18-2004, 09:38 AM
Shrinkage sucks...

The good news is that I've been working on my tan a littler earlier this year than usual. Mountain Biking down in the lowlands is great right now. Green scenery still, but dry trails. Time to try the helmet cam on the mtb.. Problem is, I'm a mellow mtb guy, so I'll have to transfer it all at double speed for any entertainment value..

I'm not giving up on the season yet though. Mother nature always has at least one more big multi-foot snow dump in late March/early April. Just hope that there is a healthy base for it to fall on.. :)

Tantrum
03-18-2004, 11:03 AM
<a href="http://9news.com/storyfull.aspx?storyid=25641">The Blizzard of 2003</a>. Three days of snow and three feet of accumulation in Denver. There is still hope.

http://9news.com/assetpool//images/04318141955_blizzard-gasstation.jpg

HomerSimpson
03-24-2004, 06:41 AM
Yeah! :) Heavy snow is predicted for this Friday. I'll be up in Tahoe this weekend. Pull out those boards again. :D

NoKnees
03-24-2004, 04:35 PM
Heavy being the key word.. This time around it will truly be Sierra cement.. Fun while it's fresh though!

HomerSimpson
03-24-2004, 07:13 PM
Negatives, negatives. Tsk, tsk. :p This will probably be my last chance to see snow. I'm not expecting epic conditions. Hopefully the bunnies are out and it's warm cause I'm leaving the g-friend at home. ;)

elex
03-24-2004, 09:22 PM
Heavy being the key word.. This time around it will truly be Sierra cement.. Fun while it's fresh though!
Of course the snow comes when I'm driving away from Tahoe on friday morning. Then my brother called today & he'll be in LA over the weekend.Why couldn't this be happening on monday.

NoKnees
03-25-2004, 02:45 AM
Because you've already had your share of good days.. :) So there... j/k... Just Murphy's Law in full effect..

elex
03-25-2004, 07:06 AM
Because you've already had your share of good days.. :) So there... j/k... Just Murphy's Law in full effect..

That's true.Lots of rocks poking thru.I think the Kirkwood Freeride contest will interesting & sketchy.Heavy wet snow is what the doctor ordered,hopefully it's a good amount. Should I take 88 or 50 to SF & are you going to be there on friday evening?I have no idea what the agenda is or how long it'll take or where I'm crashing that night.Last thing is,that I don't know if I have your home phone(email me,that so the Canucks don't call you).
later,
e