PDA

View Full Version : TR: Comb d'Audon 2/4/2004

Ripzalot
02-11-2004, 05:12 AM
Opening day of the Comb d'Audon at Glacier3000. Took a half day off from work in order to be there for first tracks. I managed to be the first one in, but unfortunately the snow didn't cooperate. The Comb was windripped from the previous few days. The half meter or so of fresh that I expected to find was blown down into the valley below. Conditions were windpacked to hard, but generally disappointing. Instead of burning a whole vacation day, I opted to do two runs and jet back to work. At least I can claim "first". Oh well.

NoKnees
02-11-2004, 11:33 AM
Looks nice and empty at least. I hate wind jacked though. From a distance it can look so perfect. Then you get in it... Ah well, still beats a full day at the office..

NJ
..oh, and I see you figured out the photo posting, I haven't tried yet..

Tantrum
02-11-2004, 11:37 AM
Well, at least it was a half day and you were first. You have to look for the positives on a day like that.;)

Tantrum

Tantrum
02-11-2004, 11:39 AM
oh, and I see you figured out the photo posting, I haven't tried yet..
with your write-up in-between.

Tantrum

CanariaChick
02-11-2004, 01:50 PM
Just toying with the new message board

Crappola, as I was to post the Banked Slalom story they've changed the format, let me play with this for a little bit (looks like an improvement) and hopefully get to post today, but bear with me, I just figured out what Avatar meant...

:o (does this icon mean I just ate Doritos?)

Tantrum
02-11-2004, 02:30 PM
:o (does this icon mean I just ate Doritos?)
I don't know, let me see your fingers. ;)

LazyL
02-11-2004, 05:20 PM
You really should sniff her finger.
Just don't pull it. (mmm, Doritos-farts!)

Tantrum
02-11-2004, 07:47 PM
I need an emoticon for a foul smell. ;)

Snow Nymph
02-11-2004, 11:58 PM
Looks like a cool area! And no crowds! :)

I'll be at Mammoth Mountain and expect it to be packed! :(