Ripzalot
03-08-2004, 03:26 AM
Resort: Bruson, Switzerland
Date: 3/6/2004
Temp: -5C
Wind: Light
Snow: Powder
Sun: Overcast, snowing

Low viz day means finding refuge in the trees. Headed to Bruson, part of the Vebier domain. Arrived to a half full parking lot yet few people in sight on the mountain. The first 2 hours were fresh tracks on and off piste - no groomers had been running so all the pistes were covered wit 10cm or so of fresh pow. Once the pistes were tracked out I ran the offpiste pitches at the top until a hard fall ended my session.

SwissBuster
03-08-2004, 05:06 AM
I skiied Verbier on Saturday. It turned out OK, although we almost bailed due to bad viz. A good coating of fresh powder and good skiing company was augmented by what turned out to be decent weather.

I'm out all week on business, otherwise I would take a day off to ski. I'm in Istanbul (!) this weekend, but the following weekend looks OK. PDS Mini-gathering 2?

NoKnees
03-08-2004, 10:23 AM
Cool pics... Like the one of the trail through the powder going up around the corner. Nice day for a walk.. :)

Now the question is, what were you doing when you took your hard fall? (this is where you get to be creative, ala 25ft cliff to a narrow tree filled gully, etc)

Tantrum
03-08-2004, 11:21 AM
I had a good two days of riding so your write-up and pictures, while suburb as always, didn't elicite the same response.:p

Ripzalot
03-09-2004, 04:13 AM
Cool pics... Like the one of the trail through the powder going up around the corner. Nice day for a walk.. :)

Now the question is, what were you doing when you took your hard fall? (this is where you get to be creative, ala 25ft cliff to a narrow tree filled gully, etc)

after a couple of hours the pistes were tracked out leaving basically clumps of pow with spots of hardpack. in the low viz i hit an icy spot and *whooops* there go my feet and *slam* down on my back. it was one of those slow-motion moments where you can watch it happen but do nothing about it.

NoKnees
03-09-2004, 09:30 AM
Yah, we've all been there and done that... Hopefully a trip to the chiropracter and some stretching will work that out.. :)

Full on spring conditions now in Tahoe... Dim visions of dust on crust don't sound much better... The late winter slump is on...

elex
03-09-2004, 10:07 AM

Sounds like a reference to Merrick.When you coming up next?I still got passes to Sierra. Job?Wife?Kids?Drug Problem? What's a happening?
late,
e

NoKnees
03-09-2004, 11:21 AM
Sounds like a reference to Merrick.When you coming up next?I still got passes to Sierra. Job?Wife?Kids?Drug Problem? What's a happening?
late,
e
Think I can escape then for the day. Tiina will be having dinner with her folks, so between that and work she'll be busy all day. Perfect time for me to run away and play. Not sure I'll know how to ride though. It's been a while since I've done anything but powder or at least fresh snow of some sort. I'll pretend it's spring and we can go harvest some fresh corn somewhere maybe... ;)

Still haven't heard back about that job... They're slow making a decision... Ah well... No news is no news...

I'll give ya a call regarding Friday in a day or so..