PDA

View Full Version : My Day at Breck......

DrBunda
03-07-2004, 01:02 PM
What a great time I had. Which is pretty incredible given the conditions. The snow was sketchy, visibility was slim, and the wind........oh man the wind. I'm telling you it was a freakin' blizzard out there. Insane. I was getting knocked off balance coming down the mountain. Snow blowing everywhere. You could hardly hear the person next to you on the lift cause the wind would blow so loudly passed your ear. It really was crazy. If I hadn't been with an old college buddy of mine that JUST moved out to CO and was his first trip to Breck.....I'd probly have called it quits much earlier than we did. Instead, we made a full day of it. Couldn't hit Peak 10 or Peak 7 cause the lifts were closed due to the bad winds so we just explored Peaks 8 and 9 (for the CO peeps).

Took a couple pics but nothing epic given the conditions. The snow was sketch and icy at spots, but towards the end of the day there were little pockets of powder here and there if you could see it ;).

I was telling him about this board and all the cool people here so he might make a couple visits and check things out. Hopefully I'll get him posting soon. He's a cool cat.

Here's the link to the pics.

BTW, how do you post multiple pics with captions for each one like we used to? Any way to do that still? Just curious....

<a href="
http://www.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?US=0&collid=781240814103&page=1&sort_order=0">Pics of Day at Breck</a>

NoKnees
03-08-2004, 10:30 AM
Sometimes the best days have nothing to do with the conditions... And unfortunately sometimes the worst days fit the same bill... That's the joy of boarding... Bring good company, and it's all good no matter what mother nature has in mind..

BTW, the link to the pics didn't work for me. I cleaned it up, and now it's okay: http://www.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?US=0&collid=781240814103&page=1&sort_order=0

(too lazy to do the add hyperlink thingy)

As for posting multiple pics, it can be done... When I plan on doing that I use the advanced editor and use the "Insert Image" or "Insert Hyperlink" button across the top... Cut and paste the HTTP: address in there and you are set. You can add text before, after, etc.. Kinda cool... The other option in the setup is to use the WYSWG advanced editor and it immediately shows the photo on the screen when you do an "insert image". Once again, kinda cool..

Tantrum
03-08-2004, 11:17 AM
Cold, windy, and snowy. Surprisingly, I had fun. Sunday was much better with bluebird skies and a couple of inches of fresh. The Outback had some nice tree runs with some sections of untracked. Unfortunately, I got a nice ding in my board for my effort.:mad:

DrBunda
03-08-2004, 01:20 PM
Thanks NK for fixing the link. And I'll have to try your suggestions next time i have pics to upload...

NoKnees
03-08-2004, 01:44 PM
I like to think you can measure the amount of fun you've had by the number and quality of dings on your board. I don't always think that, but I like to at least.. ;)

Last time out with E at Kirkwood we had tons of fresh snow, really light on top. Got more scratches and dings that day than any other day of the year. Still, best day riding in a while. Better to ding the board than me..

MARK
03-09-2004, 07:15 AM
Unless someone has found a loop-hole, multiple pic posting with individual captions when uploaded directly to the site can not be done. The poster will see everything, but it won't be viewable to other people. The only way to add individual captions is to post them to the site using a separate host, otherwise you'll have to settle for a group of captions before or after the attached images. The reason behind this is likely so that no longer people can use the site server to host pics that are being posted on other sites. On the old site a person could upload a pic to the server, not finalize the post, and then cut/paste the uploaded pic link on another site and it would work. One other note is when you use Upload Photos in the Attach Files section, the pic will appear once the post is finalized so there is no need to use code, etc., within your post or the pic(s) will be posted twice.

DrBunda
03-09-2004, 03:13 PM
thanks for the explanation Mark! actually makes sense that this feature changed.