PDA

View Full Version : How do I execute this trick and what it's called?

Idiot
03-05-2004, 08:36 PM
I saw this guy moving slowly forward, then very quickly, pivioting his front and swinging the tail around in a 180.

What is this trick call, and what's the quickests way to learn this move?

NoKnees
03-06-2004, 04:54 PM
Trying to visualize this... Did he lean forward over the nose of his board, then bring the back around in a 180? Sound like a nice butter spin move, but don't know the nifty names for them all.. I guess I'm too old.. :)

Idiot
03-06-2004, 05:44 PM
I want to practice this move tomorrow on the flats.

Idiot
03-07-2004, 05:54 PM
Went out on a green and and did the back 180 butter while riding normal. I could hit it constantly without falling if I'm fresh and not tired.
The goofy 180 FORWAR butter move is a lot easier for some reason...I'm able to hit everytime, but the problem is that I can NOT get the tale high enough during the swing, so looks a little duddy.

AlexK
03-09-2004, 07:56 PM
What that guy did was a noseroll. Basically, you lean way forward and swing the tail around 180 degrees in one fluid motion, they're not very hard with a little practice. I ride goofy and they are alot easier going from switch back to goofy. I think its because i'm using my stronger leg (the right one) to do most of the work. I think for regular riders its easier to go into switch. Try doing it while traversing the hill on your heel edge. When u get better at it, you can actually use it like an ollie and generate a good 2 feet of air while doing the 180. Good luck

Went out on a green and and did the back 180 butter while riding normal. I could hit it constantly without falling if I'm fresh and not tired.
The goofy 180 FORWAR butter move is a lot easier for some reason...I'm able to hit everytime, but the problem is that I can NOT get the tale high enough during the swing, so looks a little duddy.

kira
05-16-2004, 10:19 PM
I'll try and explain the easiest way to learn these, but I'm not sure how well I'll be able to put it in written words :).

1. Start out going downhill, and then make a turn until you're pointing hill and you stall, then come down switch and make a turn out of it. Basically -- make a sort of W shape.

2. Do the same thing again, but when you start to stall, pop up onto your tail (whichever end is uphill). The tail of the board should stay on the ground, but the nose should come up.

3. Keep doing #2, starting the "pop" earlier and earlier each time, until you're doing a full 180.

You'll probably find that this is easiest to do from switch to forward, frontside (starting out on your heel edge). Once you can do it across the hill, try it going downhill at a relatively slow speed on an easy run :).

Hope I explained that coherently!