Ripzalot
03-05-2004, 05:37 AM
Resort: Super St. Bernard, Switzerland
Date: 2/29/2004
Temp: -12C
Wind: Light
Snow: Powder
Sun: Overcast

Halfday on Sunday with Jennifer and her friend Amy. Tracked out pow but still light and fluffy and fun. The tunnel was open and completely empty. We had the place to ourselves for the better part of the day.

Tantrum
03-05-2004, 07:37 AM
The whole place to yourself on Sunday? On Sunday here it'll be me an 1000s of my closest friends.

6" fresh at Breck so the weekend will be fun
http://common.vailnewmedia.com/Mtncams/peak8base.jpg

NoKnees
03-05-2004, 09:08 AM
Damn, those crowds...

At least I'll console myself in the fact that you had some flat light to deal with.. ;) Other than that, looks like a nice day for some sloppy seconds... Lazy days with decent snow can be nice... I never stop marveling at the size of the runs there... Take a couple runs and you still rack in more vert than most stateside places can offer...

Reminds me... I still need to post up some vid of riding last Friday with the great E...

Coldcat
03-06-2004, 07:32 AM
The first time I open up a post, I get no pic. Then I hit refresh, I get one pic. I hit refrecsh a second time, I get three pics...I wonder if there will be more pics if I hit refresh again???

Italians are, in my experience, whimsy sun bathing people. If there are more then four clouds in the sky, they stay home. It is a trait I highly appreciate. Furthermore, they tend to have a lunch that stretches from 1 pm till 3 pm. A second good trait. And the best time is yet to come: spring break in northern europe ends this week. I loved the end of february, march period when I was in the italian alps: three ppl during week days at the lift back up was an absolute maximum!

Snowing right now on the italian side. Nothing shocking, 15 to 20 cms. You're no doubt ripping as I type?

Damn.

Ripzalot
03-08-2004, 05:34 AM
The first time I open up a post, I get no pic. Then I hit refresh, I get one pic. I hit refrecsh a second time, I get three pics...I wonder if there will be more pics if I hit refresh again???

Italians are, in my experience, whimsy sun bathing people. If there are more then four clouds in the sky, they stay home. It is a trait I highly appreciate. Furthermore, they tend to have a lunch that stretches from 1 pm till 3 pm. A second good trait. And the best time is yet to come: spring break in northern europe ends this week. I loved the end of february, march period when I was in the italian alps: three ppl during week days at the lift back up was an absolute maximum!

Snowing right now on the italian side. Nothing shocking, 15 to 20 cms. You're no doubt ripping as I type?

Damn.

which is all good for those of us who like to ride a lot. <hehe> i'm sooo glad the school holidays are over now. back to my empty lonely slopes!

btw, i've noticed weird viewing problems with posts here. from home, no posts will show pics (all red x's). from work, no problem. i've tried everything and from home (dialup) nothing works. i've had friends tell me similar things. i suspect it's something to do with the way this software displays the pics via PHP code.