PDA

View Full Version : am I in ? HOLY **** I'M IN !!!

suechick
03-04-2004, 04:25 PM
dear god in heaven, it only took two freakin' years and countless efforts to access this site again !

HI GUYS ! I MISSED YOU ALL !! I've been playing in the Burton Message Board sandbox. I tried so many times to log on here / re-registar etc. But kept getting booted off.

How's tricks ? :)

mehugtree
03-04-2004, 06:19 PM
how the hell you been???? missed ya around these parts?

you still in Toronto? still goth???

-mht

suechick
03-04-2004, 06:28 PM
how the hell you been???? missed ya around these parts?

you still in Toronto? still goth???

-mht

still in Toronto. Still goth. Well, as goth as middle can make me I suppose.

Goth on the inside. Crispy and crunchy on the outside ! Yummm....

magic
03-04-2004, 06:29 PM
Weird that you should say that ..... I just re-registered too. I haven't been around since 2000 ... I guess living in florida kinda makes you forget about snowboarding.... I've been surfing alot but plan to move back up north in the near future... I guess its about time I knocked the dust off the board :)

REON
03-04-2004, 10:27 PM
Sue! So glad to see you back! It's been a while, hasn't it? I've been wanting to e-mail you, but I couldn't find your address for the life of me. Hope all has been well. :D

Ripzalot
03-05-2004, 02:53 AM
Weird that you should say that ..... I just re-registered too. I haven't been around since 2000 ... I guess living in florida kinda makes you forget about snowboarding.... I've been surfing alot but plan to move back up north in the near future... I guess its about time I knocked the dust off the board :)

hey, i'm from titusville! not that i'm bragging.....<haha> small world.

Tantrum
03-05-2004, 07:35 AM
First Chuckie, now you. It's starting to feel like old times again.:D

twinkie
03-05-2004, 07:43 AM
dear god in heaven, it only took two freakin' years and countless efforts to access this site again !

HI GUYS ! I MISSED YOU ALL !! I've been playing in the Burton Message Board sandbox. I tried so many times to log on here / re-registar etc. But kept getting booted off.

Nice to see you again... although I am not around that much and am unfortunately not snowboarding this yr, I do miss hearing your tales. Hope all is well in Toronto and that you are still enjoying your work w/Burton!

twinkie
03-05-2004, 07:48 AM
Nice to see you again... although I am not around that much and am unfortunately not snowboarding this yr, I do miss hearing your tales. Hope all is well in Toronto and that you are still enjoying your work w/Burton!

so i see you are not w/burton anymore, my bad, but sounds like life is good!

NoKnees
03-05-2004, 09:04 AM
Welcome back... Glad to hear life hasn't been treating you too poorly... Couple years go by, and honestly things haven't changed all that much... Jobs come and go... Snow falls, you ride, it melts, you miss it... That's the circle of my life at least...

canuck
03-05-2004, 09:25 AM
Hi!!
Nice to see you back on the board!
Hafta run choose ceramic tile now...

lates!

xoxo

CanariaChick
03-05-2004, 11:02 AM
Like, about freaking time, lady!! You've been missed, that's for sure. Any plans to come out west or any other snowboarding trip on the plans? Taking a sabatical year is totally goth, so rest assured you still got it... that's my goal in life, a never ending sabatical... hummm, just thinking about it, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, like mehug's avatar.

Coldcat
03-05-2004, 11:15 AM
How good to see you here! I guess that must be the best thing about this board changing over to a new format! Though I can guarantee you the discussions here are much mellower then what you have become used to over at the burton msg board...

I am sorry to hear your season isn't what you hoped it to be (You must tell me what exactly you know about 'goats' balls'...you teach me new english proverbs every time..)

Oh, the name....yeah.. I grew tired of my old one. ;)

mehugtree
03-05-2004, 02:33 PM
some of my best friends are from there. I'm an Orlando/Jacksonville boy myself.

magic, get off the isle while you can!!!!

-mht

suechick
03-06-2004, 05:25 AM
Hail hail ! the gangs all here ! so good to see and hear from you all again. I hear ya NoKnees - the cycle keeps on going. I've added a few more laugh lines and stretch marks since we last got together, that's all.

Hey Twinkie, life with Burton was the most amazing trip. Unbelievable stuff. Hard, HARD work - very volitile environment esp. at sr. management levels. Incredible pace and the most challenging corporate environment I've been in. But I now have stories to dine out on for the rest of my life and a network of great people at the B that I continue to link with. And dammit, no one - and I mean NO ONE ! - parties harder then the Burton crew. Holy shizznitty, I barely got outta there with my liver and lungs in place ! :)

Hey Coldcat, what was you old screen name ?

HI REON !!! I was thinking of you the other week. If you or anyone else wants to email me, you can still use suchick@hotmail.com or my home email addy : sueferguson1014@rogers.com

I met up with Stine when I was in Chicago for biz in November. Haven't talked to her for a month or so - did the divorce go thru OK ? I worry about her.

Um... what else is new..... uh. I got my motorcycle license. I have a 125 cc motor scooter and Rusty bought a Ducati Monster a couple of years ago. We have a riding fetish in this household. No lie !

suechick
03-06-2004, 05:28 AM
you guys all have cute pictures. I wanna play too ! how do I do it ?

Coldcat
03-06-2004, 07:16 AM
Klick on 'my account' (blue bar above the threads, left), klick on 'edit avatar' be sure you have a little piccie ready on your harddrive, that isn't bigger then 80x80 pixels or 19.5 kb (you can change a picture's dimensions in photoshop or photo editor or whatever you have) and click the 'browse' button that you'll see next to the second empty box in the avatar control panel. Find the folder you have stored the pic in, click the picture title, and hit 'save changes' in the avatar control panel.

If you do not immediately see your avatar appearing after uploading, it might help to refresh your browser. That should do the trick.

As for my old name, I'll give you a couple of hints: tibetan food, yummy tapas, children in the park on queens day, hurried driving skills, less hurried method skills on icy indoor slopes with tow lifts from hell? 'laser eyes' ? (your words!)

Stine hasn't logged on to this board in ages. (Which makes me worry) I'll check if I still have her email addy around here somewhere. She's on that list of people I haven't emailed for far too long. You're on that list too.........................

Another old passionite I haven't seen around for the longest time, is coffin dodger. Did you have word from him? Where is he now? Botswana? Ethiopia? Kamstjatka? Iraq?

Pecheur
03-07-2004, 04:24 AM

Holy crap SUE!!! One of the souls of this board is finally back.

Admittedly I ain't been around much but it's great to hear from you and see that you're still alive.

DrBunda
03-07-2004, 01:13 PM
Good to see you back here!! It's always fun to see the old gang around. Sounds like your time with Burton was a hella trip. We miss your stories so feel free to share one for old times sake ;).

Hope you stick around!!!!

suechick
03-07-2004, 04:46 PM
Marije Marije ! my darling old friend ! I've been meaning to call you for AGES ! The brickbox link won't work btw. And I have been meaning to phone you and find out when your exciting day in April will be taking place !

Yeah, I was in Chicago for the StyleMax show. Called Stine and took her out for a seafood dinner down by the river. She's got a job at a Jeep dealership, prepping cars before they leave the lot. Taking night school courses. Fighting pain and discomfort from carpal tunnel and nerve damage to you arm and scheduled for surgery. And worried about divorce proceedings and making financial ends meet. She was in fine spirits regardless of all the crap that life has thrown her.

Coffin Dodger - well, funny you should ask ! He emerged from a cyber black hole (a.k.a. working in Iraq) to lurk at the Burton site. Found out we were planning a trip to Big Sky Montana. And at the last minute, joined us ! Everyone loved the Dodger. What's not to love ? And god bless him, he tackled his first kicker (and I slid a rail. With a Fish !) Check out our video featuring the kicker we built :

http://www.powderpunks.com/bdevcon/videos/developerkicker.mov

That's him yelling "I DID IT !" after succesfully landing a jump.

Man, I DIED when Rusty tried for the f/s 3 with the '05 T6 and ate it HUGE ! You can hear me laughing my ass off. He kinda ended up doing a tweaked rodeo. Well.... the first 3 letters anyway. He managed the R-O-D part... and then it all went wrong ! Then he decided to sled off the kicker on the T6. He was going to go down face first. Until I asked "uh... if your wife was going to do something like that, do you think you'd find that a good idea ?"

"umm.. no."

"well then, if you wouldn't let your WIFE do it, why are YOU going to do it ?"

At which point he promptly ceased lying face first on the T6 - but simply sat on it and hucked off the kicker. With the binding in front of his crotch.

"Oh GREAT ! " I moaned. "Put the bindings in front of yer nuts ! That's a great idea !!"

He nailed the landing. It's pretty freakin' funny.

Luna
03-08-2004, 09:57 AM
... I honestly can't think of any other forum where so many have developed friendships and have continued to return again and again after so many years! Great to hear from you Su!

Luna

Coldcat
03-08-2004, 02:21 PM
Isn't he? ;)

And that frontside rodeo something actually looks quite impressive. To do such a thing into powderface plant is just plain fun!!

Good to see the dodger dodged yet another turn in the bush bush... eeer... pun intended.

suechick
03-08-2004, 04:26 PM
he's da man my boy. Right after the Burton Message Board get together he went up north to test '05 product. Rumour from some of his staff is he nailed his first fun box. Then was doing rail / box / rail combos. The dude's 45 ! He's gonna KILL me keeping up !!

Oops ! Pasta's ready !! gotta jet ---

chuckie
03-14-2004, 07:55 PM

WOW and a 1/2! :)

Welcome back, for just a moment, I thought you may have drifted beyond our ken. I'm still exactly the same shizz, so what's been hot in yer hood?

It's like a big fat e-family reunion aint it? ;)

suechick
03-15-2004, 11:52 PM
Mer? I've had a crappy season so far - only 10 days in with little chance of getting any more since Mother Nature's being a *****. This is the lousiest track record I've had for days riding since I actually worked in the industry ! (NB: this whole myth that when you're "in" the snowboarding industry, you get to "ride all the time" ? is just that. A myth. I got a total of 6 days in when I worked at Burton. Who had time to ride when working in such a insanely paced, volitile environment away from VT and in Sr. Sales Mgmt ? not me. And not the other Sales Mgrs. either. )

Other news in a nutshell: we lost our beloved dog; we got a new one who's a joy; new gig is great; got a scooter and Rusty got a Ducati Monster; still living in Toronto in the tiny urban castle; i'm working on developing my spiritual and social action side; my folks have their 50th Anniversary this week; and spring is just round the corner !

Each year I promise myself this is the year Rusty and I will do a heli trip. But alas ! another season slipped by without that happening. Next year is our 15th Anniversary. I'm thinking heli FO' SHO !!