PDA

View Full Version : Valuable Board??

Bozo
10-30-2006, 09:10 AM
Hi all,

I don't get to this site very often anymore but anytime I have in the past you guys have always been very helpful and full of good info. Here is another question that I'm sure you'll be able to give the goods on. A few years ago I was lucky enough to pick up a really cheap 02/03 Ride Yukon board - the one with the Boba Fett images . The board is a great ride but doesn't get as much use as I thought it would. It is still in as-new condition.

Here's my question. I was showing my boards to a friend a few days ago and he was immediately drawn to the Yukon. His face lit up and he started raving about it. He said the board is extremely rare and told a big long story about it. Apparently the Boba Fett images were unauthorised by Lucas Films Ltd and Ride were actually served with a cease and desist order on the board. The boards were all pulled from shops and never sold again. I guess mine was one of the few that were sold before they were pulled. He claims Star Wars fans (I'm not one) have driven the value of this board through the roof. I was not able to find much on the net about it and couldn't find any on ebay.

Is my friend right about this board or is he just winding me up? Now that I think about it I have never seen another one like it.

Thanks for any info offered.

Bozo

MARK
10-30-2006, 01:02 PM
Well, I can tell you this. I was a Ride dealer then, sold that board, and never received any kind of direction to return stock back to Ride. I'm not sure how this order would work with Lucas Films, but I can tell you that when Ride did the limited edition, shop employee only "King of Bindings" version of their SPI binding, they were precented with a cease and desist order by Budweiser. Ride had already made the limited run of I believe 3,500 and simply didn't make any more. The bindings were still sold anyway to empoyees.

Being a collector, I can also tell you that virtually no board made after 1983 is worth more than it was when brand new. They simply do not hold their value unless they are super old school.

Bozo
10-30-2006, 02:11 PM
Thanks for the info, Mark. As I always suspected I have been had yet again. :mad:

You would think the guy would know not to mess with the person who keeps him in cheap lift tickets.

Cheers.

B