PDA

View Full Version : Burton X Base Binding 4x4 mounting discs

GreenGnu
01-26-2006, 07:57 PM
Hey guys, wondering if anyone out there has a set of these badboys, I have the 3D discs, but i now have a 4 hole board, little did i know they were so proprietary. No regular burton discs i have found will work.
I have the Burton X bindings found here:
http://www.outdoorreview.com/cat/snowboard-equipment/snowboard-bindings/older-conventional/burton/PRD_85263_3147crx.aspx
and am looking for the 4x4 mounting plates for them, The dimensions of the discs are as follows:
Thickness: 7mm or 1/4 inch
Top diameter: 10cm or 3 15/16 inches
Bottom diameter: 8cm or 3 5/32 inches

If anyone has a set of discs that will fit please let me know!

Thanks for the help

GreenGnu

GreenGnu
01-27-2006, 09:19 AM
Unfortuneately, i talked to 3 different people at Burton customer service, and to no avail. Thank you for the advice in how to drill the discs, i was planning on drilling them if i couldnt find replacements, but you gave some good advice on how to do it most effectively. Hopefully someone with a set will read this!

Tyler

NoKnees
01-27-2006, 09:21 AM
Amazingly you can sometimes get lucky working directly with Burton's customer service directly for old parts.

If that doesn't work, time to bust out the old power drill and create a couple new holes in your Burton 3x disks... Not prefered, but if it means getting another season or two out of some older bindings, go for it. Been there done that myself with some old plastic burton discs without an issue... Use a counter-sink drill bit, washers, and the flat head screws you can find to spread out the stress that the new holes and screws may put in the baseplate without creating uncomfortable bumps under your arches...

MARK
01-27-2006, 09:23 AM
That's a 98/99 season X binding. The disc teeth size, etc. was slightly changed a year later which is why you can't find any that mesh right now. Never fear though, I have 98/99 black Burton 4x4 discs for you. Send me an email at marktoms@mindspring.com. Also include the resorts that you mostly ride in the email.

MARK
01-27-2006, 09:29 AM
You asked the wrong 3 people :D

GreenGnu
01-27-2006, 09:53 AM
Mark is my hero! so as of now this is hopefully a very solved problem, thanks to noknees for his advice, and Mark for hooking me up with the parts, you guys pulled through quickly! ill definitely stick around these forums as im sure i will have many more questions in the future!

Thanks again!

Tyler

MARK
01-27-2006, 09:59 AM
As an added incentive to stick around, NoKnees on occassion shows off his legs in posted beach pics as well :o

NoKnees
01-27-2006, 01:39 PM
You trying to get him to run and hide or stick around? Either way, you're all in luck as my legs won't be spending much time at the beach for a few months yet...

Anyway, glad Mark can hook you up Tyler. Not many folks hang around the forums here, but the few that due are usually good for something...

FLiPSyDe71
12-25-2009, 09:46 AM
Mark... any chance you have any modified discs for the X Base bindings that will work with Burton boards that have the new single Channel mounting system?

MARK
12-26-2009, 08:21 AM
Sorry I don't. You could probably modify some, but keep in mind that Burton changed the disc tooth pattern in like 2001, so you would need to use the apropriate discs that match your current model year of binding.

FLiPSyDe71
12-26-2009, 12:55 PM
Hmm... do you have any spare aluminum discs laying around that I can buy off you? I want to experiment but don't want to start drilling my only pair. Mine are older models from around '98.

MARK
12-26-2009, 07:29 PM
Yours discs should be composite, not aluminum. You have the dark ones right?

FLiPSyDe71
12-26-2009, 09:25 PM
No, they're not dark, I'm sure its aluminum... definitely a light metal. Here's a pic:
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/FLiPSyDe71/IMG_5205.jpg

MARK
12-28-2009, 03:47 PM
Yeah, I don't have any that will work .

blakebobit
01-30-2010, 11:27 AM
If any of you would be willing to part with your X-Base bindings I would love to get some again. Please let me know. I've been looking for another pair for the last 4 years.

I still have the plates and replacement heel cup straps, but need the bindings. I'm also willing to buy any more replacement parts or broken bindings that can be salvaged.

Blake
blake (at) blake bobit (dot) com

blakebobit
09-16-2010, 08:48 AM
Quick update. Just got a new pair of X2 Base bindings from a nice guy who found my post on this forum. Thank you!!!!!!!

Was wondering if any of you had tried doing CNC machining to produce more base plates to work with 4x4 or the new channel system?

MARK
09-17-2010, 04:09 AM
Sweet! Glad you got a set.