PDA

View Full Version : Boarding in Tahoe Fri/Sat

NoKnees
02-24-2004, 01:23 PM
Anyone planning on taking advantage of the big dump on it's way? I know SnowNymph will be down at Mammoth...

E, AC, you guys going to be around? Conditions will be such that I want to have some fun, but I'd be wise to ride with a partner. Avy conditions should be pretty high initially...

Excerpt from snow report:
"so the Winter Storm Watch in eastern California will
be upgraded to a warning with potential for 4 feet of snow along the
Sierra crest...and this estimate may even be conservative given the
model quantitative precipitation forecast and intense jet dynamics associated with this storm. The
warning statement will indicate potential blizzard/whiteout
conditions due to expected advisory level wind speeds accompanying
the heavy snow."

Dr Pooh
02-24-2004, 07:27 PM
Anyone planning on taking advantage of the big dump on it's way? I know SnowNymph will be down at Mammoth...

E, AC, you guys going to be around? Conditions will be such that I want to have some fun, but I'd be wise to ride with a partner. Avy conditions should be pretty high initially...

Given that Squaw had more than half their lifts closed today because of winds, I might bug out and hang out with some friends in SF and try coming back up on Friday or Saturday. I'll check back later to see what you guys are up to

NoKnees
02-26-2004, 07:49 AM
Looks like things should be settling down for tomorrow... 30-48" so far at Kirkwood, another 12+ expected today with just a little more continuing overnight into tomorrow. So ya, Friday on should be pretty sweet up in the Tahoe area. I can't wait.....

For anyone thinking about going out of the resort areas, don't do it yet. Avy conditions are going to be pretty high for a few days min... Slopes will settle, but there are some big awkward new cornices up there that are just waiting to let loose... So the locals say... Just be smart... Official Avy Forecast (http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/tahoe/documents/avalanche/current_advisory.htm)

Itchin to ride...

canuck
02-26-2004, 10:28 AM
blah blah blah

elex
03-01-2004, 09:36 PM
blah blah blah,is that how you say pow in Canuckland.NJ we're getting a good amount of snow tonight,but I think that's it for awhile.How'd the job thingy go?Merrick shipped off back home,he didn't get hurt after that wonderful landing.
late,
elex

NoKnees
03-02-2004, 12:02 PM
blah blah blah,is that how you say pow in Canuckland.NJ we're getting a good amount of snow tonight,but I think that's it for awhile.How'd the job thingy go?Merrick shipped off back home,he didn't get hurt after that wonderful landing.
late,
elex
Wish I could have gotten back up there to enjoy more of that blah blah... Alas, not sure when I'll get the chance...

THe job thingy is going down tonight at 5... I'm a bit stressed, but we'll see how it goes. Worse case, I'm the same unemployed guy I was before..

elex
03-02-2004, 12:53 PM
We actually got over a foot in Mott.We're in clouds,it's cold & nobody is riding,epic.I'm still on the st,but I jacked my bindings on stump the other day.

NoKnees
03-02-2004, 01:46 PM
That's no good... Better than jacking yourself on a stump.. errr, yah.. you know what I mean...

Wish I was riding.. I need a stress relief.. little over 3 hours to go... interview time... ick... catch up with you later..

canuck
03-02-2004, 03:42 PM
Good Luck!!

I think?