PDA

View Full Version : TBone is doing great!!

DrBunda
02-23-2004, 10:10 PM
I can't believe this is my first time posting on this new board. I just don't like it as much. I want to be able to see the entire thread on that first page! :mad:

Anyhow..TBone is doing great. He got a prescription for Percocet. He didnt have meniscus damage which is great, but did have some wear and tear on his knee cap which the doc smoothed out or something. He's got the ice pack cooler deal going and that thing is awesome. He is supposed to start the Movement Motion Machine or whatever its called tomorrow.

He's a great patient except for he still wants to do everything himself! I keep telling him to ask me to do it, but i just don't think he's used to being completely dependent. I tried explaining to him that when i get sick he better get ready to do everything for me because I'm a complete baby when really sick or in pain :D so now is his turn!

I'll keep you guys posted and if anyone can tell me how to view the entire thread for all Posts like the old board used to.......please help me out. Sometimes I didnt read a thread until certain reply threads got started and now i feel like im missing out and have to open each and every one of them every time just in case? well, that's just not gonna happen so i'm likely to miss out on stuff. Like.....for example....I almost posted this messge as a reply to FireCracker in her post below, but no one would have seen it since the original post had nothing to do with TBone and his surgery, so then i had to come back and post a new thread so everyone would know how he was doing. ARGH!

OK. It's late......I'm rambling. Great first post huh? ;)

Big Kiss to everyone....

Dr. B

Coldcat
02-23-2004, 11:06 PM
Hey doctor cutie!!!

Good to see you here!

But for your problem...you can ask Mark (mod) but I am afraid there is no other way then idly klicking on every thread that would be even remotely interesting. At least, that's what I do. There is a feature that changes the display of each individual thread, though. Somewhere on the right of your screen once you've klicked on a thread. You can choose between linear, threaded and hybrid.
But that doesn't solve your change over problems from the old board as it doesn't change the display of the first page.

Hope us all being here will make that all a bit easier for you!

And give T-bone my regards. Tell him I told him to listen to you. (jeez, a cute doctor tells him to lie down and be pampered, and he doesn't listen? how foolish is that?)

Cold cat (was formarly known as rebecca)

Tantrum
02-24-2004, 08:33 AM
I hope T feels better and gets his knee back in shape soon.

The new board takes some time to get used to. As you can see, I'm finding it hard to post also.:D I have my preferences set to use the hybrid presentation. I can see the thread in a window above the main thread display. That way I can see who replied where and choose to reply to those posts.

CanariaChick
02-24-2004, 10:05 AM
So, when will he be riding again? Spring, summer, next season? That's great news that it all worked out, it's so sweet of you to be nursing him... however, I can totally see where T-Bone's coming from (blame it on the b-day stars). Once I had a snowboarding accident that left me paralized for over 1 month, my boyfriend at the time was 100% devoted to the cause, he basically moved by my bedside and did everything for me, even the ever so humilliating "pan placement and wipe" since I couldn't walk to the restroom. Netheless to say, after 2 weeks of that, I could not take it anymore, I sent him to the store in some vague pretext, and while he was gone I crawled to the bathroom, just so I could pee and take a bath on my own... :D

Consider this fair warning, scorpios don't deal very well with vulnerability, too damn independent :p But you keep it up, some pampering is always appreciated!

Funny, and all this time I thought you were not posting because maybe you had found a cheap ticket to Brazil for Carnaval... I spoke with my mom yesterday, she was "relieved" that they were in the last week, because so much partying for the last 2 weeks had her exhausted... :rolleyes: ehem! yeah, cry me a river! do you remember the Queen of Carnaval contest?
http://www.promocionlaspalmas.com/galerias/seccion1/1472.jpg

DrBunda
02-24-2004, 10:13 AM
So, when will he be riding again? Spring, summer, next season? That's great news that it all worked out, it's so sweet of you to be nursing him... however, I can totally see where T-Bone's coming from (blame it on the b-day stars). Once I had a snowboarding accident that left me paralized for over 1 month, my boyfriend at the time was 100% devoted to the cause, he basically moved by my bedside and did everything for me, even the ever so humilliating "pan placement and wipe" since I couldn't walk to the restroom. Netheless to say, after 2 weeks of that, I could not take it anymore, I sent him to the store in some vague pretext, and while he was gone I crawled to the bathroom, just so I could pee and take a bath on my own... :D

Consider this fair warning, scorpios don't deal very well with vulnerability, too damn independent :p But you keep it up, some pampering is always appreciated!

Funny, and all this time I thought you were not posting because maybe you had found a cheap ticket to Brazil for Carnaval... I spoke with my mom yesterday, she was "relieved" that they were in the last week, because so much partying for the last 2 weeks had her exhausted... :rolleyes: ehem! yeah, cry me a river! do you remember the Queen of Carnaval contest?
http://www.promocionlaspalmas.com/galerias/seccion1/1472.jpg

I WISH I was at Carnaval. When I was in Houston a couple weeks ago my mom and I listened to the entire CD of all the Samba Schools for this year's Carnaval. She was in Rio over New Years and got the music. We'll find out soon who won. I hope it was my school Imperatriz!! GOOOOOOO IMPERATRIZ!!! :D

I let TBone read your post and he's feeling pretty darn lucky that he doesnt need me to wipe his -ss for him.

Oh, and tell your mom that I'm feeling really bad for her.......really..........NOT!!! ;)

CanariaChick
02-24-2004, 10:14 AM
this one is for Canuck ;)
http://www.promocionlaspalmas.com/galerias/seccion1/1554.jpg

CanariaChick
02-24-2004, 10:20 AM
I bet if you wear that for TBone, you'll cheer him a whole awful lot! :D

DrBunda
02-24-2004, 10:20 AM
You are making me weep! Wish I was there........ :(

MARK
02-24-2004, 01:57 PM
Bunda, to get the feel closest to the old board make sure that your display mode is set to "Hybrid Mode". Also, if you want to keep up to date with a particular post you can subscribe to that thread via multiple ways under "Thread Tools". The rest takes some getting used to, but it will grow on you along with the plethora(:)) of options.

Firecracker
02-24-2004, 08:21 PM
This board feels more like the other boards I post on so it doesn't bother me any.

Good to hear T-bone is doing well. He should be up and about really soon. I never had a CPM (continuous passive movement, or something) machine but I know lots who did, and hated it. My docs just trusted me to move it on my own. Yeah right. 3 more percosets and I'll think about it! That's good he had no meniscus damage, that is the stuff they can't really repair. I have lots of abused/damaged cartilage in my left knee and it sucks. Tell him to ask his doc about glucosamine for the recovery--I think it really helped me. It's an OTC supplement found with the vitamins and helps your body heal damaged joint tissues. Great for arthritis too.

LazyL
02-25-2004, 12:16 PM
You'll be faster, stronger, and smoooooooover in no time.

Milk the TLC thing for all it's worth, babe. Tell Dr. Bunda to put a wiggle in it! :p

canuck
02-25-2004, 01:24 PM
Tell T I wish him all the best, and that I liked Canaria's reference to you "nursing" him...

:D

CanariaChick
02-25-2004, 02:06 PM
So Canuck, what do you think of the girls of the Canary Islands? ;)

Tantrum
02-25-2004, 02:25 PM
http://www.threewisheslingerie.com/images/nurse-d2.jpg

Yowza!

canuck
02-25-2004, 02:38 PM
while they pale in comparison to you Marina, they gorgeous nonetheless!!

hey, so when you hitting Baker next?

CanariaChick
02-25-2004, 03:54 PM
while they pale in comparison to you Marina, they gorgeous nonetheless!!

hey, so when you hitting Baker next?

:o

As for Baker, I shall be up there this weekend doing the Teacher's Assistant gig with the Avalanche Awereness class, it shall be interesting to get the inside scoop on that amazing avalanche story that Ripz posted, we get the "luckiest" survivors at Baker, I've meet a guy who survived a burial depth of over 9 feet, and a ski patrol woman who got hit by an avalanche, got knocked over a 300ft cliff, and luckily she's alive to talk about it. Are you planning on heading south of the border anytime soon?

DrBunda
02-25-2004, 07:40 PM
Crazy coincidence?!?

T is a lucky boy I tell ya......... ;)

DrBunda
02-25-2004, 07:41 PM
Yeah.....I guess it will just take some time getting used to. Just don't think i'll read as many secondary posts as I used to before. Oh Well.

If someone has something COOL AND FUNNY to say.....make a new post will ya?? :)

Tantrum
02-26-2004, 07:17 AM
T is a lucky boy I tell ya......... ;)
Unlucky with the injury but lucky with the good doctor.:D

DrBunda
03-03-2004, 08:51 AM
Thanks for all the well wishes guys and gals. Knees doing pretty good. Getting some good range of motion and prepped to see the doc again to get stitches removed. Not much pain, and I can walk like a baby learning how to walk at this point. I guess that's progress.

If there's anything good that came of this, it's probably the fact that this year I can't say I wussed out trying any tricks this year! Woohoo! ;)

Hope all is well w/ the crew, the snow's been good, and people are gettin they're groove on.

One Knee