PDA

View Full Version : Am I insane?

Reverend SC
02-23-2004, 03:23 PM
I have a pair of 03 Ride SPi's, and a pair of '04 Ride LX's. I like the LX's better and I'm thinking of seeking a trade - a used pair of SPi's for a new pair of LX's.

Here's the deal, then you tell me if I need to commit myself.

I don't play in the park or pipe. I'll hit a natural kicker if it's in my way, but I'm 33 with bad knees, I'm just happy to be up there. I'll never do pipe, rails, man-made table-tops, etc. On occasion I'll glide over a funbox,

The SPi's have more features, obviously:

Adjustable toe-ramps? I'm a size 10, I fit the "generic" setting.
Taller high-back? With my style, the LX's highback seems to be just fine.
Groovy rachets? Don't care, the LX's work fine to keep the boot in, and that's what they're for, right?
Different rebound rod composition? Huh?
Cushioned landing pads? I seldom land upright anyway, lol...

Now, since I already have the SPi's, you're thinking "why would he change now"? Good question. The answer, as weak as it may sound, is "weight". Those SPi's, with all their extras for performance, are hella heavy compared to the LX's. I feel like I'm carrying around a bunch of unneeded pounds. My boards are both lightweight, I can flick them around nicely, the SPi's just feel like they're weighting me down. The LX's are so light, yet perform as well as the SPi's for my intents and purposes.

So, am I insane?

NoKnees
02-23-2004, 06:07 PM
I have a pair of 03 Ride SPi's, and a pair of '04 Ride LX's. I like the LX's better and I'm thinking of seeking a trade - a used pair of SPi's for a new pair of LX's

So, am I insane?

No, you're actually quite sane... Don't believe marketing hype, get what works for you. You found what works, you like it, go for it.

Now if only I had a pair of new lx's to trade with ya.. I kinda like aspects of the spi's over the lx's... Hmm.. what's cash value to you?

Reverend SC
02-23-2004, 06:28 PM
No, you're actually quite sane... Don't believe marketing hype, get what works for you. You found what works, you like it, go for it.

Now if only I had a pair of new lx's to trade with ya.. I kinda like aspects of the spi's over the lx's... Hmm.. what's cash value to you?

I dunno, what are LX's going for now? Let's see, $130 list, probably 30% off now, 91 bucks? Plus tax, title, tags...

$100...

I want the yellow ones, lol!

LazyL
02-23-2004, 08:52 PM
Well, duh!

Yes, you're insane. But, so? We still love ya. :cool:

In re: your factual questions, though, I have no idea.

Reverend SC
03-22-2004, 08:51 AM
Mwaaahaaaaa.....

So I discovered I actually do like the highbacks on the SPi better. But all the other stuff, I like the LX's for weight, so I decided to do some mix-n-match...

I took the highbacks off the SPi and mounted them on the LX chassis. Then I took the ankle strap from the SPi and did the same. I couldn't move the toe straps over, different attachment system.

So now, I have a pair of simplistic LX's, but with a stiffer, taller highback and more comfy ankle straps.

But the second pair that was created isn't too shabby either, an SPi chassis and a lightweight LX highback.

Looks stupid, but boy to they perform well!