PDA

View Full Version : illuminati brand

danie1d
11-24-2005, 05:01 AM
Hi,

I'm in need of a bit of guidance, as I've only been boarding once, but am going again this year. I have come accross the following:

http://www.skiwear4less.com/acatalog2/acatalog/snowboards.html

I was thinking about buying the fire set with boots and all, but couldnt find any reviews. I'm not looking for an amazing board, but one that will do the job, and probably only get used once a year for a week or so. Is this an ok set? Any help greatly appreciated.
Many thanks.

MARK
11-25-2005, 03:28 PM
Ill makes some decent stuff, but you'll want to find out if the width is good for your boot size. I'm not familiar with the "Fire" model as I don't recall ever seeing it before, so you should check out their website for specs and if it's not on there then email them directly. I would highly recommend not getting boots without trying them on first as this is the most crucial aspect of any set up.

elex
11-26-2005, 12:53 PM
I know the brand very well, but I think somebody is using the name. I haven't talked with Illuminati guys in awhile, but those boards are not theirs, unless they have some license agreement.
www.ill23.com

danie1d
11-27-2005, 08:09 AM
I havent been able to find anything about this model, I was thinking of e-mailing illuminati and asking them.

kimberfunk
01-22-2006, 01:24 PM
I'm also very seriously considering that deal, you can't even get anything that cheap on eBay. I'd also be grateful if anyone could give me advice on board length: I'm a relative beginner (2 weeks experience, can get down blues and reds, just), 5ft11 and 10.5 stone (147lb) so I'm thinking I'll want something that comes just below my chin, around 160? I'm assuming I need a short board. thanks for any advice on board length or on the board. All the things that I've read say not to get boots without trying them on so I might just get the package and buy boots separately, it'll still be cheaper than anywhere else.