PDA

View Full Version : Fall is here!!

canuck
09-20-2005, 08:41 AM
Hi everyone, so the temps dipped down to 9 C here in Vancouver overnight, which means around freezing up on top of Whistler!!

I'm getting psyched!! Time to hit the gym for preseason training, and shopping!!!
I'm thinking new gloves and a jacket, maybe a new helmet, my baby blue one is getting a bit "old"...

What's everybody else looking to buy? E, you thinking Ride Teams this season?
:cool:

elex
09-20-2005, 03:08 PM
Hi everyone, so the temps dipped down to 9 C here in Vancouver overnight, which means around freezing up on top of Whistler!!

I'm getting psyched!! Time to hit the gym for preseason training, and shopping!!!
I'm thinking new gloves and a jacket, maybe a new helmet, my baby blue one is getting a bit "old"...

What's everybody else looking to buy? E, you thinking Ride Teams this season?
:cool:

We got rain down here in San Excremente. The first rain in over 4 months. Regarding ride bindings, I did ride some Migs last year, I did some mods to improve them. Powerstrap & reclining hiback greatly improved the ride. I actually made them lighter.
ridE

TBone
09-20-2005, 08:58 PM
You guys got kinda hosed last year.

Ride Teams are nice, at least they were back in the day.

T

canuck
09-22-2005, 09:12 AM
ya the season mucho sucked.....

they're blowing snow up at Whistler even though they won't open before the US Thanksgiving....weird

Tantrum
09-22-2005, 09:57 PM
a mid-October opening. No new gear this year. Last year's goods are still going strong.

No news about a Vancouver trip but, rumor has it I'll be in Seattle real soon, with frequent follow-up trips during the winter. Can I take a rental car into Canada?:p

canuck
09-24-2005, 07:05 PM
Seattle??!! This Winter??!!

You rent a car and we meet at Baker!!! Perfect!

There are a few other Seattle peeps (the ole Canaria crew) we could could likely drag along also..

:D

Rampage
09-25-2005, 06:16 PM
Did you try the Tomcats first?! It sounds like you mod'd your Migs to work like the Tomcats do, or at least that's what it sounds like to me E. I rode both, and I actually think the Tomcats feel better, at least for me. Can't wait for snow!!

elex
09-26-2005, 07:48 AM
Did you try the Tomcats first?! It sounds like you mod'd your Migs to work like the Tomcats do, or at least that's what it sounds like to me E. I rode both, and I actually think the Tomcats feel better, at least for me. Can't wait for snow!!

I turned the Migs into Flow bindings, the only thing that was from a Flow was the cable/lever & the only thing from the Migs are the chassis. The rest was my own personal hand job mods.
e

NoKnees
09-26-2005, 03:45 PM
I know there's a hand job joke somewhere there, but I don't have the energy to find it...

So, ya think we'll see a spin-off of that mig-flow franken binding in 07 or 08? Would be nice... In the meantime I could use some lighter bindings for myself, but don't quite have the budget for toys this year.... Property taxes suck...

elex
09-27-2005, 09:42 AM
I know there's a hand job joke somewhere there, but I don't have the energy to find it...

So, ya think we'll see a spin-off of that mig-flow franken binding in 07 or 08? Would be nice... In the meantime I could use some lighter bindings for myself, but don't quite have the budget for toys this year.... Property taxes suck...

There's no joking about hand jobs! Unless your Canuck. I'm sure there will be something, I'm going to finish that thing one day & make it look purty. It's rideable, but I want to tweak it some.

How is the house by the way? Send some pics.