PDA

View Full Version : Anybody in Seattle?

TBone
08-22-2005, 11:51 AM
I'm heading up there Oct. 3 - 7 for a geek training session with the evil empire.

Any downtown can't miss sights other than that market where they throw the fish around?

T

elex
08-22-2005, 06:18 PM
I'm heading up there Oct. 3 - 7 for a geek training session with the evil empire.

Any downtown can't miss sights other than that market where they throw the fish around?

T

Where are you staying at? Since most of microsoft is on the other side of the lake.

Waterfront is always nice, good fish food
The Aquarium(at the waterfront)
Snowboard Connection, across for the Ferry or Noknees Terminal
Pioneer Sq- fun during the day, night time is reserved for drunken frat boys with shaved chests that want to fight. Had a friend get murdered there & I got stomped on by a 500lb black dude & his buddies when I tried to help a some chick that they had punched. The only thing at night is this dog that sits on a box while wearing sunglasses & hold a keg cup in it's mouth for change. The owner has to be rich.

Lake Union-Blue Water Bistro,just past Hooters. Great atmosphere, no cover charge & about the only place for guranteed hot chick siting.
The Troll under the Fremont bridge, a huge sculptor that has a full size VW bug in it

Alki-West Seattle waterfront,my old stomping grounds

On the eastside:
Snoqualmie Falls, little town of Fall City has a good mexican place(El Crapola) or go to a place call Small Frye-good eats
NorthBend-just to drive through
Snoqualmie Pass, Alpental(my home mountain)

e

TBone
08-23-2005, 06:14 AM
I'm apparently at the Sheraton downtown. They have a shuttle to hang with the nerds. That park sounds scary! Apparently, you need more weed-smoking pacifists in the Seattle area.

T

Tantrum
08-23-2005, 06:54 AM
Lake Union-Blue Water Bistro,just past Hooters. Great atmosphere, no cover charge & about the only place for guranteed hot chick siting.You must be stealthy about this one T.:p Remember, you're a married man on a business trip and Mrs. Dr. Bunda reads this forum as well.:eek:

DrBunda
08-23-2005, 10:51 AM
You must be stealthy about this one T.:p Remember, you're a married man on a business trip and Mrs. Dr. Bunda reads this forum as well.:eek:

It can't beat the siting he gets everyday when he comes home :p

Tantrum
08-24-2005, 06:23 AM
It can't beat the siting he gets everyday when he comes home :pNothing beats home cooking!:D

canuck
08-24-2005, 08:37 AM
a 2 hr drive for me.....hmmmmm

DrBunda
08-25-2005, 10:20 AM
Nothing beats home cooking!:D

I hope something does cause I don't cook!! :D

Well, not never, but only occasionally for fun. I try to make up for it by just walking around the house with spiked heels, a garter belt, and lacy bra all the time. ;)

Tantrum
08-25-2005, 12:37 PM
walking around the house with spiked heels, a garter belt, and lacy bra all the time. ;)What time is dinner!:p

sykoboy83
09-04-2005, 09:57 PM

T

You should go to snoboard connection and buy a board for me... oh I mean hey whats up. So what exactly are you goign to be doing with all the geeks? I should be in town but that will be my second week back at school. You might be able to bribe me into actually going and hanging out with you. I cant really think of anything to add to the list of must see stuff. Well if you are driving out to the pass or North Bend I suggest going to Snoqualmie falls.

CanariaChick
09-10-2005, 05:39 PM
Apparently, you need more weed-smoking pacifists in the Seattle area.

T

Indeed, it has all gone downhill since I left... :p

Darn, if your convention would have been a few months earlier, we could have met for lunch or a few after brain-drain drinks, when I lived in Seattle, my work was on the skyscrapper you'll see accross from the Sheraton, the City Center Bldg.

Somehow, I'm surprised the Seattle "locals" have not recommended the most obvious places to hang out, downtown is dead after 6 pm, so unless you are going to see a movie or pay too much for dinner, forget it. Belltown (downtown north) is the exception down there with a few fun bars and good live music (FunHouse, Crocodile). Right up the street from your hotel is Capitol Hill, the hipsters' party central with a few decent clubs for live music & djs (Chop Suey, War Room, etc) and delicious home brews at the Elyssian (I recommend the sample tray). :o

When you get into town, pick up a free copy of The Stranger (practically everywhere), for a complete listing of shows and events, and a fun reading of Dan Savage's sex advice column, or Mistress Matisse's dominatrix advice, with Dr. Bunda's "home cooking", you'll need all the help you can get! :D

Cheers to you two, love birds

TBone
09-11-2005, 09:20 PM
I actually have to take some dude out for an "expensive dinner," so we may stick around downtown that night. Some good info in there though. It would have been very cool to get to hang with you for a bit and have a cocktail or a coffee. Perhaps another time my friend.

I never really got the deal on you. Are you in the island(s) for good now, or is it temporary? (sounds kinda permanent which I know you've been jonesing for forever) Has everyone in the familia gone, or what's exactly going on with you?

Glad you're back dude. The pics so far have been amazing.

When you coming back to the states for some snow?

T

CanariaChick
09-12-2005, 03:06 PM
Perhaps another time indeed, maybe samba in Brasil?

The deal is to live the moment I'm in, that's about as much as I can be certain off, as far as the future, your guess is as good as mine, after all, when I went to the US it was about a month vacation visiting a dear friend and somehow it turned into a decade-long marriage... in this life, who knows? At this point, hubby and I are still married and still very good friends, however his feet remained cold about the change of airs, and mine were about to lose its skin from burning, so took off the Seattle socks and now wear island sandals... a lot fresher!

However, you know I'm not much the iddle type, quite simply, I can't sleep siesta. So I'm doing tons of things, surfing, running the bar, hanging out with family and friends, sailing, camping, rock climbing, fishing, snorkeling, I even learnt to surf waves with a kayak, ha! Although the most recent development has been school, for both Lil'M and I, pretty stoked we are. She's going to an awesome bilingual school, and I'm currently studying renewable energies and participating in a project on sustainable development.

Life is good. :)