PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Gran Canaria

CanariaChick
07-30-2005, 04:59 PM
Did it!

We´ve been here now for a couple of days, and feeling pretty excited about everything that´s happening. The travel part was hectic (4 planes and 36 hours later), but it has all felt worthwhile since.

Will post more later with more time, and hopefully some pics.

Rock on!

LazyL
08-03-2005, 08:52 AM
You've moved back for good? Wow! Big move. But it sounds like heaven. Nice to be back in the bosom of the family, eh?

So, let's hear more about this house you're building. Does this mean you're going to be spending all your time at the Canarian version of Home Depot? I picture you driving that little lime-green mini-car, with 2x4s sticking out the sunroof.

Don't forget to send us pictures of yourself in your Catholic schoolgirl uniform when you go back to school this fall...

:D

Congrats on the big move. I'm green.

kira
08-04-2005, 01:20 PM
I'm so happy for you! It's been a long time in the making :). I gotta say I'm a little bummed though, I was hoping to get to ride with you at Baker this year. Congratulations!

CanariaChick
08-07-2005, 02:54 PM
The name is Leroy Merlin (somehow it doesn´t sound as macho as Home Depot :p ), although with some luck I will not have to deal with them much, my dad who is an architect is helping me with the design, and the family of my best friend growing up, sold their rum destillery business and got into construction (arrrg, pirates!), so they'll help me out. Everybody seems very inspired by the project, it should be fun!

Surfing has been pretty awesome, getting back with the old friends in the water. Snorkeling with Lil'M and my sister last week, brought some feed (stale bread) and suddenly we were swimming amongst several schools of fish, thousands of them! Absolutely beautiful. This week we'll do some sailing with my uncle around the islands, we'll probably see dolphins, turtles, tunas, whales, maybe even hammer sharks! :eek:

Next weekend we shall be in another island, Tenerife, for some open air concerts and surfing with some friends. It's funny that it all feels as relaxed as a vacation, because ironically I've been working since I arrived, and yet it all flows. Days feel very productive when in a regular work day, I can still fit in surfing, lots of play time with my kid, a session of indoor rock climbing or gym with my sister, and socializing time with family and friends, probably because it's all interconnected, a more community-based life, which is what I missed the most.

Currently feeling pretty inspired and illusioned, things are good. Like they say in Costa Rica, Pura Vida! :)

elex
08-07-2005, 06:40 PM
Do you have floor space by the bathroom for me? Sounds great, I'm a little jealous. Send pics & say hi to Lil'M for me.
e

canuck
08-22-2005, 07:42 AM
That's awesome Canaria!!!!

I'm really happy for you and it sounds like you are already having way too much fun.
Any space on the floor next to E's spot?

:p

TBone
08-22-2005, 11:48 AM
Glad to see you're back in the homeland living on "island time" and having a blast.

T

DrBunda
08-23-2005, 10:33 AM
That sounds absolutely AMAZING Canaria!! I can totally picture it. Life just isn't all about work down there like it is here in the states. Definitely post some pics and keep us posted. How is the hubby handling everything? Is he working somewhere down there as well??